Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

'10 buyers remorse

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
I dunno man....Alot of 'em seem pretty heavy on the 'ole pedal at the lights lol. Too much to do and a migraine is dangerous business lol.
Around here it's not only the soccer mom's but these 9 to 5 daddies that are out zipping through traffic in their 4 banger Camry's and Corolla's.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:10 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
Wow, I was way off! lol, though not a lot of people opt to buy a 6cyl outright. Sounds like you got a good idea your running with!
I walked into a Ford dealership bought a Truck and turned around and told the salesmen I wanted a Mustang as well. Paid cash for two brand spanking new vehicles. Sure with amount that I shelled out that day, I could have easily bought a GT or a GT500, but I wanted the V6.
What I didn't know was 90% of the population doesn't know the difference between a GT, GT500 or a V6.....they only know it's a MUSTANG.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:15 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I was more refering to what most of them had on the lots. Comparing a striped v6 to a pemium gt wouldnt be that fair.
When I bought my GT, most the GTs were equiped in the 29 to 31 range for non verts, most the 6cyl at the time were marked around 26. However the V6 were not as aggressively rebated so my 31 gt came out at about 27.5 where as the 6er would have only been nocked down to like 24.5.
At that time your talking about a 3k difference that you couldnt get a supercharger for, let alon suspension, body and brakes to match.

Not to say your wrong either, really all depends on the car and the time. At any given point either of us can be right dependending on pricing, I dont care how many threads were made.
$24K for a V6???? No, no, no! My Pony Package with leather interior, Anti-Theft System, Sirius Radio sticker was $22,650.....but I paid $19K for it! Now "there" is a BIG difference between what "you" paid for your GT.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:39 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I was more refering to what most of them had on the lots. Comparing a striped v6 to a pemium gt wouldnt be that fair.
When I bought my GT, most the GTs were equiped in the 29 to 31 range for non verts, most the 6cyl at the time were marked around 26. However the V6 were not as aggressively rebated so my 31 gt came out at about 27.5 where as the 6er would have only been nocked down to like 24.5.
At that time your talking about a 3k difference that you couldnt get a supercharger for, let alon suspension, body and brakes to match.

Not to say your wrong either, really all depends on the car and the time. At any given point either of us can be right dependending on pricing, I dont care how many threads were made.
26k for a V6? Yea at that dealership you are absolutely right in your thinking, but 26k is ridiculous. And I wasn't refering to a stripped down V6 vs a premium GT, I was refering to a Premium V6 vs a Premium GT.

If you go to Ford's website there is an $8500 difference between two equally equipped premium mustangs one a V6 the other a V8.

Anyway, it will vary from dealer to dealer, your results may vary, but you cannot say "you can get a GT for less than you can supercharge a V6" because that would not be accurate in most cases.

When I bought my V6 premium fully loaded sticker was 23k, I paid 18k the same thing but in a GT version was 33k and they wouldn't go below 29k. That is an 11k difference... now look at my V6.. better than any GT they had on the lot
Old 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
26k for a V6? Yea at that dealership you are absolutely right in your thinking, but 26k is ridiculous. And I wasn't refering to a stripped down V6 vs a premium GT, I was refering to a Premium V6 vs a Premium GT.

If you go to Ford's website there is an $8500 difference between two equally equipped premium mustangs one a V6 the other a V8.

Anyway, it will vary from dealer to dealer, your results may vary, but you cannot say "you can get a GT for less than you can supercharge a V6" because that would not be accurate in most cases.

When I bought my V6 premium fully loaded sticker was 23k, I paid 18k the same thing but in a GT version was 33k and they wouldn't go below 29k. That is an 11k difference... now look at my V6.. better than any GT they had on the lot
Agree with almost everything! lol, like I said all depends on dealer, current pricing and current rebates available.

When looking at fords website however the V6 Premium is 24,395 where as a GT Premium is 31,395. The current rebates are 2k for a 2010 V6 (pretty good actualy) and 2.5K for a 2010 GT. so the adjusted prices are 22,395 for the premium v6 and 28895 for the premium GT.

----------

So for 6500 can you supercharge, body mod, suspension mod, and add breaks, wheels and tires?

However once the 11s start getting rebates, some of my points will go away as IIRC the 11 V6 is getting a lot of improvements that used to be reserved for the GT crowd.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Agree with almost everything! lol, like I said all depends on dealer, current pricing and current rebates available.

When looking at fords website however the V6 Premium is 24,395 where as a GT Premium is 31,395. The current rebates are 2k for a 2010 V6 (pretty good actualy) and 2.5K for a 2010 GT. so the adjusted prices are 22,395 for the premium v6 and 28895 for the premium GT.

----------

So for 6500 can you supercharge, body mod, suspension mod, and add breaks, wheels and tires?

However once the 11s start getting rebates, some of my points will go away as IIRC the 11 V6 is getting a lot of improvements that used to be reserved for the GT crowd.
For 6500 yes you can get a supercharger, take-off rims, tires and body mods.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

Well, aside from engine mods, most of all the other stuff you'd buy even if you had a GT so it's still more than $6.5k difference.

No GT takeoff suspension for me, but I did get GT rotors because they were cheap.

Last edited by Mr. Ugly; 04-13-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

Putting a supercharger on a V6 still doesn't make it a GT. The GT has a better rear axle, better trans and so on. I'm glad the V6 guys are happy and all, but it's not just a motor that separates the GT from the V6.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:28 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by replica
Putting a supercharger on a V6 still doesn't make it a GT. The GT has a better rear axle, better trans and so on. I'm glad the V6 guys are happy and all, but it's not just a motor that separates the GT from the V6.
Don't hate me cause I am faster :P
Old 04-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

I'm not trying to make my car into a GT or make it better than a GT. I'm just doing it for fun. And it's no big deal to swap in an 8.8 rear end with gears.

The auto trans is the same between V6 and GT except for the bellhousing. And it's stronger than the manual.

Just for the heck of it, here's an American Muscle shopping list of mods that someone might get for a used V6. Total comes to $7575. After forum discount that's $7121.

Everything on that list, a GT owner would buy except for the Vortech.

You can even get a better price on those parts if you take your time to shop around, which is what I did. Though I did get a lot of stuff from AM.

So a lightly used V6 for $13k with $7k of mods can make for a pretty inexpensive nice looking fun car.

Quick Reply: '10 buyers remorse