Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 BASHERS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:51 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

My sixxer has a gt rear bumper, dual exhaust fog lamps and the GT starfish wheels but I would never put the gt badges on it and when people ask I tell them proudly "Its the V6"
Body kits and graphics arent specific to a certain model unless there is badging involved.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:03 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MOOK3456

I love my 6'er. The way some people talk you would think it was a 1.8 4cyl....Crazy talk. The V6 is still one hell of a machine.
Lol, why do people keep bringing up "1.8 4cyl" motors? A stock Integra GSR will probably walk away from a V6 Mustang. I'm guessing a Celica GTS will too. The size of the motor doesn't really mean anything to me, as long as it has character and/or goes fast. If I were forced to choose between a V6 Mustang and, say, an RSX-S, I'd go for the RSX without even thinking about it.

Again, I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but can someone enlighten me about what's so great about the 4.0L V6? It makes 210hp and has 4 liters. Thats...unacceptable. At a Mustang dyno day I watched a 99+ 3.8L V6 with bolt ons hit 140whp. That's just awful. My old 2005 Civic Si can do that. My friend's 95 Civic with a B18B was hitting that. I'm not really interested in how fast a V6 Mustang could be when thousands of dollars are dumped into it because most people aren't going to, or cannot afford to modify a car that much.

So, can someone give me a crash course in why the 4.0L V6 matters and why it should be a point of pride?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:27 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
Lol, why do people keep bringing up "1.8 4cyl" motors? A stock Integra GSR will probably walk away from a V6 Mustang. I'm guessing a Celica GTS will too. The size of the motor doesn't really mean anything to me, as long as it has character and/or goes fast. If I were forced to choose between a V6 Mustang and, say, an RSX-S, I'd go for the RSX without even thinking about it.

Again, I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but can someone enlighten me about what's so great about the 4.0L V6? It makes 210hp and has 4 liters. Thats...unacceptable. At a Mustang dyno day I watched a 99+ 3.8L V6 with bolt ons hit 140whp. That's just awful. My old 2005 Civic Si can do that. My friend's 95 Civic with a B18B was hitting that. I'm not really interested in how fast a V6 Mustang could be when thousands of dollars are dumped into it because most people aren't going to, or cannot afford to modify a car that much.

So, can someone give me a crash course in why the 4.0L V6 matters and why it should be a point of pride?
Well first off before you decide to talk s##t about how great cars like the Celica GTS and Integra are as compared to to the 4.0 Mustang you might want to actually look at the numbers. The 2000 to 2005 Celica GTS had a 0 to 60 time of 7.2 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 15.4. By comparison, the "unacceptable" 4.0 Mustang does 0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds and 1/4 mile in 15.3. The Integra Type R was 6.5 and 14.7, the GSR was actually a little slower at around 6.8. Neither one of those cars is going to "walk away" from the V6 Mustang. Gosh, I guess the 4.0 guys don't really have anything to hang their head in shame about do they, espeically when you consider that a Celcica GTS and cars like that were going for 24 and 25 grand.

Thank you for playing "How to make a moronic argument", come back soon. In the meantime go get yourself a nice riced out Celica if that's what you are so in to. If you don't understand the point of pride about owning a Mustang then you would be much happier with the ricer crowd.

By the way, where can I get a new Integra or Celica or RSX. OH that's right, they don't make them any more. Hmmm, but they still make the Mustang.

Last edited by Whitehorse10; 04-29-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:31 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

It's a point of pride for people that don't give schit about performance.
Hello!! What's so hard to fukking understand!

BTW, people already took the 4.0 in the 10s on these boards.

What does it take to do that with your beloved 4 banger Japmobiles??
A lot more effort and a lot more money maybe? And in the end, you'll still have a POS car...
Old 04-29-2010, 05:47 PM
replica
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whitehorse10
Well first off before you decide to talk s##t about how great cars like the Celica GTS and Integra are as compared to to the 4.0 Mustang you might want to actually look at the numbers. The 2000 to 2005 Celica GTS had a 0 to 60 time of 7.2 seconds and a 1/4 mile time of 15.4. By comparison, the "unacceptable" 4.0 Mustang does 0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds and 1/4 mile in 15.3. The Integra Type R was 6.5 and 14.7, the GSR was actually a little slower at around 6.8. Neither one of those cars is going to "walk away" from the V6 Mustang. Gosh, I guess the 4.0 guys don't really have anything to hang their head in shame about do they, espeically when you consider that a Celcica GTS and cars like that were going for 24 and 25 grand.

Thank you for playing "How to make a moronic argument", come back soon. In the meantime go get yourself a nice riced out Celica if that's what you are so in to. If you don't understand the point of pride about owning a Mustang then you would be much happier with the ricer crowd.

By the way, where can I get a new Integra or Celica or RSX. OH that's right, they don't make them any more. Hmmm, but they still make the Mustang.
You should consider calming down. There was nothing rude about my post. Unless questions offend you. I simply asked what the perks are of a mildly stock 4 liter and got nothing but random ignorant hatred for "imports."

The GSR and GTS are within a few tenths (depending on driver, I've had friends run faster) of a car with more than double the displacement. That was my point. An RSX-S will likely keep up with or out run a V6 as well. I can probably put together quite a list. I think even a Maxima will likely be faster as well. Of course, it's just a "ricer" V6 with less displacement, so what does that matter right? Even a current Miata will run into the 15's.
Originally Posted by pascal
BTW, people already took the 4.0 in the 10s on these boards.

What does it take to do that with your beloved 4 banger Japmobiles??
A lot more effort and a lot more money maybe? And in the end, you'll still have a POS car...
My mistake. Are people getting the 4.0 into the 10's cheaply? I wasn't aware. Perhaps you could post something informative and turn me around to the glory of the 4.0? I don't know of ANY cars that run 10's on a normal person's budget.

I would continue with more specific information about imports compared to the 4.0 Mustang but basic comparisons seem to make everyone quite angry. It wasn't my intention to **** anyone off. The 4.0 guys seem to be a pretty tight bunch and I thought they'd be thrilled to tell me about their motor of choice.

Last edited by replica; 04-29-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

You should consider calming down. There was nothing rude about my post. Unless questions offend you. I simply asked what the perks are of a mildly stock 4 liter and got nothing but random ignorant hatred for "imports."

The GSR and GTS are within a few tenths (depending on driver, I've had friends run faster) of a car with more than double the displacement. That was my point. An RSX-S will likely keep up with or out run a V6 as well. I can probably put together quite a list. I think even a Maxima will likely be faster as well. Of course, it's just a "ricer" V6 with less displacement, so what does that matter right? Even a current Miata will run into the 15's.

My mistake. Are people getting the 4.0 into the 10's cheaply? I wasn't aware. Perhaps you could post something informative and turn me around to the glory of the 4.0? I don't know of ANY cars that run 10's on a normal person's budget.

I would continue with more specific information about imports compared to the 4.0 Mustang but basic comparisons seem to make everyone quite angry. It wasn't my intention to **** anyone off. The 4.0 guys seem to be a pretty tight bunch and I thought they'd be thrilled to tell me about their motor of choice.
Actually I found your post to be quite rude. When you tell a bunch of 4.0 Mustang owners that their car doesn't matter and whats the point of pride in owning it, that's pretty much the statement of a douchebag. Whats the point in owning some riced out, played out Celica? They love their cars, we love ours. It's not up to you or anyone else to decide that either of the cars doesn't matter or their owners should have no pride in them.

Now suddenly in your second post (after you've been shown the actual performance numbers) you want to talk about how the cars are within a few tenths and complain about liter displacement. This is because you don't really understand anything about automotive production and you mistakenly think that more liters should automatically equal more power. What you have to understand is that in a V6 Mustang with an average price tag of 21 to 25 grand, you aren't paying for a car that should hit the 60 mph mark in 5 seconds flat, although with the upcoming 2011 it will be close, but for more money. Do you really think that the 4.0 isn't capable of much more horsepower than 210? Maybe you've heard of a car compay called Koenigsegg? They took a Ford 4.6 V8, the same engine that puts down 300 hp in the GT, and managed to get nearly 700 hp out of it for their car. Do you really think Ford can't make a 270, 300, 350 hp 4.0 engine if they wanted to? What you have failed to factor into your little dispaclement argument is that in a V6 Mustang you aren't paying for that level of performance in stock form. They also have to make the car with an eye towards fuel economy and emissions. Speaking of fuel economy, your lauded Celica GTS got 20 / 27 mpg while the much larger 4.0 is getting 17 and 26. Now if we followed your logic, the smaller lighter Celica getting only 1 mpg better than the 4.0 Mustang on the highway is not good is it? Only the rest of us understand that it's a performance motor, not a typical 4 cylinder motor and because of that it uses more fuel.

As for upgrading a car on the cheap, obviously you haven't taken a look at the cost of go fast parts for tuner cars. A 4.0 Mustang owner can bump the horsepower up over 300 pretty easily with a 4 grand supercharger. Try doing that in a Celica and I promise you that you are going to be spending somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 to 10 grand. It's not that I'm pissed off or need to calm down, it's just that you're a typical Mustang basher who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

By the way the RSX Type S had a 0 to 60 time of 6.7 seconds. UUUUUU, .2 tenths of a second. Like you said, and it was on the only thing in your post that was correct. When it's that close, it's going to come down to the driver.

The Nissan Maxima has a 0 to 60 time of 6.1 seconds and a base price tag of $30,690.

Lets see, I could buy a 4.0 V6 Mustang for 23 grand, spend 4 grand on a supercharger, smoke a Maximas *** and still have 3 grand in my pocket to laugh about.

Last edited by Whitehorse10; 04-29-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:56 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

You're completely missing the point. Not everyone who drives a Mustang is into street racing kids to impress jailbait... I'm too old for that nonsense. My point was it has enough performance to make it a seriously fun car to drive and if I ever wanted to add a bit more it's very do-able. It moves its *** when I want it to go and looks great thats all I really want out of a DD. I'm not pulling track times here...

I never asked about an Integra or any other car. If you really wanna know why I referred to the 1.8l 4cyl it was an American car. My DODGE Caliber. I don't give a damn about Integras or pos Celicas or what their supposed track times are. I'm not an import hater, in fact I like quite a few of them. (celica isn't one of them)

But you questioning why someone would drive a v6 Mustang is like someone with 900hp asking why you don't drive a 900hp car and whats so great about your GT with it's measley 320hp.

It's a stupid argument that can be made by anyone with more hp.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:03 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

i aint reading all this BS but the topic cant be worth 87 posts.

pascal you can open it back up if you care to
Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Nah, locked it stays.
I don't have anything informative to say, lol.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:12 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Wow I left this thread open because it was going ok, I am gone a day and it takes a nose dive to crap town