Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 S197 General Discussion Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 07:30 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default V6 S197 General Discussion Forum?

I thought this forum is for us Veee-sixers to discuss General things....no? Seems like anytime we discuss V6 Vs V8 or why no V6 love it gets locked! And why is that.....because one or two members like to come here and put us down for buying a V6. Those one or two drive a GT or a GT500. What I don't understand is, if they hate the V6 so much, why do they even bother reading the V6 forums? Oh I know.....because they drive a car with a bigger engine so they have to make themselves feel better by telling us basically, we should have gotten a V8 or the reason we didn't get one is, we couldn't afford it. WRONG! I had a GT but bought a brand spanking new V6 and paid cash for it, because I wanted it.

So mods, instead of locking the thread, why not just delete the posts that stir the pot? Maybe those folks will get the message and go play with cars like theirs!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:04 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I thought this forum is for us Veee-sixers to discuss General things....no? Seems like anytime we discuss V6 Vs V8 or why no V6 love it gets locked! And why is that.....because one or two members like to come here and put us down for buying a V6. Those one or two drive a GT or a GT500. What I don't understand is, if they hate the V6 so much, why do they even bother reading the V6 forums? Oh I know.....because they drive a car with a bigger engine so they have to make themselves feel better by telling us basically, we should have gotten a V8 or the reason we didn't get one is, we couldn't afford it. WRONG! I had a GT but bought a brand spanking new V6 and paid cash for it, because I wanted it.

So mods, instead of locking the thread, why not just delete the posts that stir the pot? Maybe those folks will get the message and go play with cars like theirs!
+1, couldn't have put it any better than that.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 AM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

i have NEVER seen a GT500 driver come in here bashing 6's. its always the GT's
Old 05-10-2010, 09:22 AM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
i do like this idea a lot though!
Old 05-10-2010, 10:46 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07lane40
i have NEVER seen a GT500 driver come in here bashing 6's. its always the GT's
Same here, which I could careless either way.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Next thread I will clean up, but this latest thread just plain pissed me off.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

I think 07 Stang is referring to snakebite who says he drives a GT500. The thing of it it was, the guy he decided to bash had made it clear he was only talking about people whom he said were "overly dismissive" of the V6 or words to that effect. He wasn't talking about all V8 Mustang owners in general. Heck I don't think he was talking about Mustang owners period. But apparently snake took it to mean that he was bashing all V8 owners and decided to slam the guy. It wasn't necessary. I know that most owners of both V6 and V8 Mustang on this forum get along just fine and respect one anothers choice of car. Not everyone wants a GT and not everyone wants a V6. I had a GT but this time around I wanted a V6. It just makes more sense for daily use to me. I love the GTs though, they really are a blast to drive. Similarly I love the V6 because it too is just fun as hell. Anyway, that thread was never supposed to be about V6 vs V8 owners. It was just a theory that most of the general public couldn't tell the difference between the two without certain styling cues even if they drove the car. I should have known that someone would devolve into something it wasn't meant to be. Furthermore I agree with 07 Stang, if there are GT owners that just hate the V6 car so much, what the heck are they doing on the V6 only part of the forum? Maybe some of us V6 owners are visiting the GT section and talking crap, I haven't looked to see.

Last edited by Whitehorse10; 05-10-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I agree that we need our own spot for s197 Sixxer Chat, I was on the other sixxer chat and they were giving me a hard time because I didn't have an s95 sixxer! I was shocked. So we aren't liked by certain V8 owners, and by certain s95 owners, As I see it that will never change!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

For the record, no, I most certainly wasn't talking about all V8 owners, or even V8 owners at all.

What I was talking about was simply the guys that trash EVERY other car other than their own. The cheaper/less powerful ones are considered beneath contempt, and the more powerful ones get dismissed by other means (too expensive or flawed in some major way). Most of us have met guys like this at some point or other. It's not a V6 vs V8 thing, you can meet these same type guys with a 4 banger import as easily as anything domestic (maybe more easily)

I don't think the poster who went ballistic even took the time to fully understand what I was getting at. He just misinterpreted/misread, and it was "go" time...

I apologize to Oddysey for any ruckus I triggered however accidental.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:45 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I belong to a local car club, where the majority of cars there are V8's there are a few other V6's...never once heard any negativity from anyone in the club, they are a bunch of great guys/girls that enjoy the Mustang and the modding hobby. Honestly this is the only site that I have experienced the hatred. Bottom Line is we all own MUSTANGS I'm proud of my six and that's all that matters to me.

I do have a tendancy to fly off the handle when someone is personally attacking me for my decision to buy a six.

Quick Reply: V6 S197 General Discussion Forum?