Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is this CAI good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 01:46 PM
designbc

Default Is this CAI good?

I posted this earlier today but it seems to be lost, so I apologize if double posted.

A guy in my area is selling the BBK Cold Air Intake (05-10 V6) he says "like new" for 75 bucks. I know this CAI sells for 199.99
I was thinking about buying it for my 2010 V6 with no mods so far.
Is it any good? If I buy it should I install it or should I wait until I have the money to buy a tuner?
Thanks
Old 05-27-2010, 01:56 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Default BBK info

Originally Posted by designbc
I posted this earlier today but it seems to be lost, so I apologize if double posted.

A guy in my area is selling the BBK Cold Air Intake (05-10 V6) he says "like new" for 75 bucks. I know this CAI sells for 199.99
I was thinking about buying it for my 2010 V6 with no mods so far.
Is it any good? If I buy it should I install it or should I wait until I have the money to buy a tuner?
Thanks
FYI - Here is a post I came across last week regarding BBK CAI.

BBK??? No Tune??? DON'T BELIEVE IT!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 2006 V6 and bought the BBK that "doesn't require a tune"....WRONG!! I guess in SOME cases, the MAF curve is tolerant enough for some cars and not enough for others. The issue is that I was running too lean, so I bought a Diablo Preditor from a website that claimed to have a BBK CAI tune on the Predator....WRONG!!! No such thing (yet...hint hint Mike L) so another $50 for a custom tune that will fix everything....WRONG!!! After 4 days worth of emails and bad tunes, I gave up...so, I took the BBK off, installed an 87 Octane perf tune and have been running it that way. I will try again in the near future to reinstall and advance my MAF curve a little more and then log my data to check the KS PID...we shall see.

SO...If I had it to do all over again, I would buy the CAI/Tuner combo, beit SCT, Diablo, etc...if they're a matched set, you'll probably be better off...cheaper is not always better

Good Luck
Old 05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

^^^
well i think you have your answer
Old 05-27-2010, 02:33 PM
designbc

Originally Posted by Red Beast
^^^
well i think you have your answer

Yeah, seems so and I thank you guys, kevin and redbeast for your help.
Now, I see some sites selling the combo for the 2010 GT but I don't see it for the V6. Where could I get it?