Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why dont we just solve the Bama vs Brenspeed comparison

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 PM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

Default Why dont we just solve the Bama vs Brenspeed comparison

I am looking into buying a CAI and Tune, as you guys know there are tons of threads asking which tuner is better, Brenspeed or Bama. Why dont two of you guys that have the different tunes meet up and race... Just line up and shoot it out.

Both should probably be Auto's, that way not only could the shifting be compared but Driver skill would be more equal (compared to the inconsistent shifting patterns between drivers on a manual). The cars should both be equally modified and everything.

Surely somebody can make it happen! Video evidence is required.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:48 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Interesting idea but it would be hard to get a true comparison out of this. Even with auto's it still comes down to variables between driver reaction time.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Either one will be just fine, there is no way to have a 100% even race. 1 could make more power than the other and it only be because of the car itself.

If you want the best, get a dyno tune.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 PM
pthurm_28
2nd Gear Member

you could factor some of that out if you really wanted to just tune the same car and do some math to get rid of the reaction time
Old 06-09-2010, 11:49 PM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

Or have the same driver do multiple runs on both cars...

Last edited by staggolee; 06-09-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 AM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

You could use the same driver and same car and swap tunes between laps and see which one had the best times on average.

But odds are they would be very close and just because one won in that race doesn't mean that every tune company A puts out will beat company B. You could change 1 aspect of the car and get a new tune from both companies and this time company B would win. If you have to have the best tune you can get... get it dyno tuned lol
Old 06-10-2010, 02:20 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

CAI+Tune from American Muscle ftw IMO. Free tunes for life and I just got the C&L CAI + Tune, on the 91 Race tune from Bama I LOVE IT. It makes a huge difference and I chirp the tires when it shifts at ~40, it chirps and bam I right at 50. Ive even chirped it once when it shifted at ~65 lol.

As far as racing heads up it would be impossible because the likelyhood of two people knowing eachother and having ONLY a CAI+Tune (or the exact same other mods) and one having Bama and the other having Brenspeed, but both having the same CAI is pretty much slim to none. HOWEVER your best bet will be someone on the forums who has tried both.
IMO I would say Bama all the way, but I've never used brenspeed.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

race is pointless for the many reasons already stated. just purchase both tune files and keep the one you like best loaded in your car
Old 06-10-2010, 03:48 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Finding two cars with the exact mods would be a challenge.....
I am very pleased with my Brenspeed tunes!!!!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

both tunes are comparable hp wise...Doug has a variety to choose from for specific types of driving basically but the power at peak isnt much different that it matters

Quick Reply: Why dont we just solve the Bama vs Brenspeed comparison