Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

front bumper repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:56 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

Default front bumper repair

i lightly rear-ended a ford edge and there is a small 2 inch crack in the front of my bumper. it's barely noticeable but is it repairable? i'll post pictures later.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:01 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

As long as the crack isn't on a stress point (like close to fastening points or lower lip), it's very repairable.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:10 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

it's kind of a bit under the right turn signal. very small crack. whenever i look at my bumper it's pretty much invisible. it also has a bit of a dent but i'm sure fixing that would be a breeze anywyas. i'm gonna call the man i hit tomorrow. nothing really bad happened to his car jsut a little scratch no dents or cracks. also seems like he had another dent a bit up on the rear hatch so it seems like he wouldn't really care haha. he seemed nice
Old 07-11-2010, 09:48 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

If its small it should be fixable, mine was deemed unfixable for obvious reasons after I ran off the road back in 2008 lol.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:50 PM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

*****. That sucks man. I bumped into a trailer hitch lightly like 3 years ago and am still yet to fix it. Bugs the hell out of me every time I look at the front. I keep telling myself I'll get a new facia but it serves as a reminder to me to pay attention, haha. Speaking of facias did you decide to go that route or the chin spoiler? I can linx you the number of a shop in Burlington I brought my car to to have the rear bumper touched up after someone bumped me at a red light. They did an excellent job. Dunno what you wanna spend though.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:18 PM
V6Vin
1st Gear Member

Why repair it when "new take off" will sell you one the same color for $200. By the time you get yours painted it will cost that much or more for the fix.

http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang-gt...2005-2008.aspx
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by drfister
*****. That sucks man. I bumped into a trailer hitch lightly like 3 years ago and am still yet to fix it. Bugs the hell out of me every time I look at the front. I keep telling myself I'll get a new facia but it serves as a reminder to me to pay attention, haha. Speaking of facias did you decide to go that route or the chin spoiler? I can linx you the number of a shop in Burlington I brought my car to to have the rear bumper touched up after someone bumped me at a red light. They did an excellent job. Dunno what you wanna spend though.
how much wou;d it run? it's such a small crack..

and new takeoff never has alloy. plus it's a v6 bumper.

ps i'm gettign the chin spoiler. not the frotn fascia. less money, and no need to paint which would cost even more money.
Old 07-16-2010, 11:09 AM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Hey dude, sorry for taking so long, been busy with work and such. I honestly dont know how much it might be for your situation. Mine cost about $500. The lady who hit me covered the bill completely. You may of found a place to get her fixed up already, but I took mine to Mountainside Collision. 2481 Industrial Street, Burlington (right off the 403 @ Guelph Line). Their number is 905-335-3171. The guy's name is Larry. Driving up to the place it looked a little shady, but he took the time to show me some of his current projects he was working on in the shop; some real nice classics. They took pictures for me to document their work and such. They did and exceptional job. Would not hesitate to return again. My friggin bumper was the nicest looking part of the car, haha. I highly recomend them if your in the area...
Old 07-16-2010, 02:14 PM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

yeah see i don't have that much to pay at all

but the damage is actually not that bad. i'll get a picture up. been busy too.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:26 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by V6Vin
Why repair it when "new take off" will sell you one the same color for $200. By the time you get yours painted it will cost that much or more for the fix.

http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang-gt...2005-2008.aspx
Yea but how much is shipping on New take off? Probably well over $100 for a bumper...

Quick Reply: front bumper repair