Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why Corvette Owners Are Asshats

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Default Why Corvette Owners Are Asshats

The other day I went to my family reunion which involved a drive of about 60 miles along a state highway that tracks through mostly rural areas. I actually rather like the drive because there usually isn't a lot of traffic and it's a relaxing trip. Speed limits along the way range from as high as 65 mph along the 4 lane highway down to as slow as 35 mph through some of the small towns.

Anyway, as I was passing through one of the small towns captain asswipe in his brand new Corvette comes up behind me. The speed limit is 40 and I'm not going much above that at all because I know the cops in this particular small town have nothing better to do. In addition, State Troopers are known to sit in a favorite spot just outside of town where they can catch drivers coming down a long hill. Corvette boy is right on my back bumper all the way through town. As we are leaving town the road widens to four lanes but the speed limit is still only 45 mph. Well that's just unacceptable to Captain Corvette and his teeny tiny weenie. He floors it and zooms past all of the other drivers around in a display that left no doubt as to the fact the he is in fact the biggest jerkweed in three counties.

At any rate, once outside of town the speed limit increases to 60 mph but after awhile the highway drops back to a two lane, one lane in each direction. I came around a bend in the road and low and behold mister wonderful is stuck behind a long line of traffic (all doing about 60) and he can't get around because of the oncoming traffic. I end up behind him at a distance of about 60 or 70 feet. The next thing I know this idiot suddenly swerves his car over towards the shoulder and then back into traffic. At first I thought he was dodging something in the road, a dead animal perhaps. But then I realized what he was "trying" to do. There was a patch of loose gravel there and he was trying to use his tires to throw it into the front of my car. Fortunately for him it didn't work, not a single rock came bouncing in my direction. If it had I would have called the State Troopers and followed that jerk clear to Cleveland if I had to, but he would eventually have been explaining himself to the police. What an asshat. He got the half a peace symbol and a couple miles past that I turned off on another highway that took me to the reunion.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:17 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Stupid people drive every brand of car. I see dumbass Mustang drivers almost every day.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ_68
Stupid people drive every brand of car. I see dumbass Mustang drivers almost every day.
It's true. I actually know several guys that are vette owners and they are really good guys and courteous drivers. I just felt like being unfairly malicious to vette owners because of this guy.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:36 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

You sure he wasn't just just trying to see if you could use the shoulder to get around he traffic in front of him? Seems like trying to kick rocks at you with his tires just because he got stuck behind you a few miles back is kind of a stretch.

I guess it doesn't matter too much, this thread will probably be locked in a few hours...
Old 08-10-2010, 05:22 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I doubt he was trying to throw rocks at you, he probably spun on loose gravel on accident or he was trying to be a badass. But throw rocks? Doubtful I've never heard of that.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

The shoulder there was only about a foot wide so he wasn't trying to use the shoulder to get around although he had done that several miles back when we were coming out of that town. He came up behind a car as the road narrowed back down to one lane in each direction but the shoulder was still large enough to get a whole car on so he whipped around the guy on the shoulder.

I think the guy was just a big jerk and yes there was some obvious loose gravel there on the shoulder that was easily visible. Maybe he wasn't trying to use it to hit my car but given his behavior previous to that it sure looked that way.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

There are always a few bad apples. Unfortunately, they can give the rest of us performance car drivers a bad rep. People like that are one reason I keep a valve stem removal tool in the car.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:28 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

there was a post on here a few months back about a 350Z owner in front of a GT500 who smoked his wheels and kicked up everythign and sandblasted the front of the Cobra to the tune of an entirely new front end of body panels. Although I will admit, since I got my Mustang I've seen more of this behavior from Vette owners than others. Like when I was just driving home on a back road and a Vette got tired of waiting an extra 2 seconds for me to pass so he flew out in front of me and smoked his wheels, by himself, for the next 100' kicking up everything he could grab. Was he trying to throw rocks? no, is he an idiot? Yes.

I have one friend with a new Vette and he's a local cop and a he use to be a road hazard to other drivers, he has since grown up.

But then I have 4 friends with Vettes (none are new, all 67-85) who are not like that.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:37 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
there was a post on here a few months back about a 350Z owner in front of a GT500 who smoked his wheels and kicked up everythign and sandblasted the front of the Cobra to the tune of an entirely new front end of body panels. Although I will admit, since I got my Mustang I've seen more of this behavior from Vette owners than others. Like when I was just driving home on a back road and a Vette got tired of waiting an extra 2 seconds for me to pass so he flew out in front of me and smoked his wheels, by himself, for the next 100' kicking up everything he could grab. Was he trying to throw rocks? no, is he an idiot? Yes.

I have one friend with a new Vette and he's a local cop and a he use to be a road hazard to other drivers, he has since grown up.

But then I have 4 friends with Vettes (none are new, all 67-85) who are not like that.
Usually the people with the older vettes are a little more mellow and appreciate them more.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:00 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

As mentioned above, not all corvette owners are asshats

That being said, locking this thread just because it isn't a flame war yet, it sure does smell like gasoline!