Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

aggressive tune loses it's potency??

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 11:21 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Nuke
Reloading the tune doesn't reset the adaptive learning from what I'm told.
You have been told wrong.

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
when you load new tunes, it definately resets it...

think about it, if it didnt reset it, when you loaded your tune, you wouldnt have noticed a difference.
There is a big difference between a tune and the parameters it changes and the range that it allows you to change and the adaptive learning parameters
are not that wide of a range that it can change.

Tune =s big fuel/timing changes.
Adaptive learning can only tweek it a little.

The adaptive changes the stock tune over
time to allow for sensor degration and such.
The adaptive also changes the performance tune.
Reload tune and all that 'adapting' disappears into thin air.

Originally Posted by peggyleemctrimble
i mean agressive tune refers to the sound of car right~and i have a gas reset button too so if i reset it my car will sound more like it used too when i first bought it. am i really way off here......and what is adaptive learnin
A better question for you might be 'whats the Owners Manual'...
Whats a 'gas reset button'?

Last edited by 157dB; 10-08-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:34 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by peggyleemctrimble
i mean agressive tune refers to th sound of car right~and i have a gas reset button too so if i reset it my car will sound more like it used too when i first bought it. am i really way off here......and what is adaptive learnin
hmm...How to do this lol...

Aggressive, referring to the performance of the vehicle after installing a tune from a hand held tuner (flashing) as opposed to the modest settings of the stock tune which are made that way for mileage and less chance of failure of parts.

You have a gas reset button? Can you explain that one more?

As far as sound, your car may need a regular tune up. Also you should know that exhaust sound changes as it breaks in.

Lastly, adaptive learning is your cars computer keeping track of your driving habits and adjusting itself to what it thinks is best suited to your habits. For instance, if you only drive your car around town on short trips and never really get on it, the computer will adjust things accordingly. I'm not sure exactly what it does but I'd "imagine" it auto adjusts things like air/fuel/maybe timing to achieve the best mpg.

Anyways, if your car just doesn't seem the same you can try the throttle trick as described in the first post(I don't know if disconnecting the battery does it).
Old 10-08-2010, 03:00 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

My battery died a couple weeks ago and when I removed the old one and installed the new one, it felt like I installed a new tune!! The car ran great!!
With that being said, disconnecting your battery for 30 min. or so, should get the pep back in your Stang. =-)
Old 10-08-2010, 03:31 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Mook, I frickin love your signature quote.
Cracks me up every time.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:54 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

wow, I've noticed my car just doesn't seem to be the same lately. Its been a few months since I changed the tune. I never thought of the adaptive learning. (it was suppose to be turned off) I put it back to stock, reloaded the tune, and then did the gas pedal trick last weekend.

It deffinetly has its snort back now. I guess I didn't notice the gradual changes from the adaptive learning.

The last few days I've been paranoid that somethings wrong with the car, because of the drastic change. Guess its been a long time since I've had a fresh tune.

Sure am glad I fell upon this post!! Thanks guys
Old 10-08-2010, 09:11 PM
atldave
2nd Gear Member

The best way to deal with adaptive learning is to drive you car like a bat out of hell each and every time you get in it! Works for me
Old 10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rls82959
Mook, I frickin love your signature quote.
Cracks me up every time.
lol you and me both. That's epic interwebz material right there.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:50 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
lol you and me both. That's epic interwebz material right there.
His quote need the LINK to the actual post....
Old 10-10-2010, 10:37 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

I'm not so sure that the adaptive learning affects the power of the car enough to even notice it. One night when me and my buddy went to the drag strip I loaded my 91 octane bamachips tune, drove 30 minutes to the strip and made 18-20 passes over the span of 4-5 hours. The car was surprisingly consistent on a badly prepped track and didnt miss a beat all night. Way more consistent than my buddies 350z.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by atldave
The best way to deal with adaptive learning is to drive you car like a bat out of hell each and every time you get in it! Works for me
I credit my recently awesome dyno numbers to that concept. I drove to the dyno 80 miles like I was running from that tsunami at the end of 2012... : )

Quick Reply: aggressive tune loses it's potency??