Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Yet Another Dealership Story

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 05:02 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Lol I've never replaced mine and well... There isn't any difference.

You, fail.
Sooooo, just because YOU don't agree its a fail??? That's an OPINION and not everyone has one that is the same as yours.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:26 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Let RedFire do whatever he wants fellas. When he turns on his vents and it smells like musty *** in his car maybe he'll figure out why he needs to change his cabin air filter. I thought alkemist made a good point by comparing it to a home AC air filter though. You could technically run your home AC for years without changing your filter, but it's not a good idea. And yes there is a reason the filter is there and it is supposed to be replaced when it gets nasty regardless of what Red and Nuke think about it.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:42 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
You get dumba** people working at all businesses.
Either dumbass or some damn lazy people. I would go back and demand a replacement brand new filter, after all, you paid for the "works" which is supposed to include that!
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Lol I've never replaced mine and well... There isn't any difference.

You, fail.
Are you kidding? I wonder just how many girls just "mysteriously" demand that you take them home immediately as soon as you turn on your AC and it smells like sweaty ***? lol (I kid, I hope you know)
Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whitehorse10
Let RedFire do whatever he wants fellas. When he turns on his vents and it smells like musty *** in his car maybe he'll figure out why he needs to change his cabin air filter. I thought alkemist made a good point by comparing it to a home AC air filter though. You could technically run your home AC for years without changing your filter, but it's not a good idea. And yes there is a reason the filter is there and it is supposed to be replaced when it gets nasty regardless of what Red and Nuke think about it.
Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Are you kidding? I wonder just how many girls just "mysteriously" demand that you take them home immediately as soon as you turn on your AC and it smells like sweaty ***? lol (I kid, I hope you know)
Never has smelt ever 5 years no problem.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:56 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Jim5.0, actually The Works doesn't cover replacing the cabin air filter. I would have had to pay extra for it. And RedFire, five years without changing your cabin air filter? Yuck man. Get that thing changed out. Who knows what kind of nastiness is trapped in there.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Whitehorse10
Jim5.0, actually The Works doesn't cover replacing the cabin air filter. I would have had to pay extra for it. And RedFire, five years without changing your cabin air filter? Yuck man. Get that thing changed out. Who knows what kind of nastiness is trapped in there.
Nahhh I'm good even though they're only $10-15 easy to change too.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

LOL! I've never said in the past NOT to change it. What I DID always imply was that it's a cabin air filter, has NO impact on performance, is pretty stupid to get bent out of shape over changing it after so many months or miles and isn't worth worrying about if you put it off for an extra month or year. Maybe if you're bubbleboy and are allergic to everything and are A.D.D. then by all means, have at it.

You have to admit, it's ironically funny that people will get so focused about the cabin air filter yet drive 90% of the time with the windows open. Where's the logic? Better yet, what did we do for the past 70 years or more without cabin air filters in cars?

Change it. Just don't get all jiggly about it.

But back to the OP's post; dealerships are virtually useless. Sometimes, though, you DO get lucky and find one that have techs that know which way to turn a nut.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:50 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Cabin air filter?
LOL, here's the most important part of our cars right there!

Lol @ the comment about 2005Redfire6 taking a girl home
Old 11-05-2010, 03:23 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Show that Marth Forker the friggin Owners Manual.
Then call him stupid. Then go elsewheres.
I mean, it is the dealership we are talking about here...
Shame on you for going there in the first place.
Kinda got what you asked for there....

Then there was the stealership who said there was no EGR valve on the S197s...

And jim5.0, sometimes the stink from the vents overcomes
the other stink eminating from other places it should not be.
Its a win win situation then.

Last edited by 157dB; 11-05-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Yet Another Dealership Story