Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My v6 mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 02:03 AM
jasikes

Default My v6 mustang

I have a v6 mustang, which sucks but ill manage. I want to put a programer on it to get more horse power and for it to be faster, what is a good brand?also im looking for exhaust, i want something with a rumble rather then the bumble bee sound since its a v6. any suggestions! email me if so,
jasikes@mineralarea.edu
Old 12-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:33 AM
lovablesteven

flowmaster exhaust sounds great I have it on my v6 stang, as for a programmer, get the sct tuner
Old 12-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The handheld is simply the input/output device for custom (and canned) tunes. There are very few user-adjustable parameters that affect performance. Best places to get good custom tunes are Brenspeed and AM. Most likely you'll get one of the SCT's.

As far as exhaust note, you're screwed. It's a V6 and will never sound like a V8. You can make the note a tad deeper. Cheapest is probably with a passenger side takeoff from an '05-'09 GT with a manual tranny.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:12 AM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

If your going to get a tuner, might as well get a CAI to help with that rumble your looking for.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xenocide
If your going to get a tuner, might as well get a CAI to help with that rumble your looking for.
Yeah, I failed to mention... Get a CAI & tune combo. They compliment one another. The tune is about 80% of the power addition and, in some cases, the CAI improves the exhaust note a bit (actually, it's more from the tune changing the tables a bit but the CAI helps).
Old 12-04-2010, 12:20 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Nuke
The handheld is simply the input/output device for custom (and canned) tunes. There are very few user-adjustable parameters that affect performance. Best places to get good custom tunes are Brenspeed and AM. Most likely you'll get one of the SCT's.

As far as exhaust note, you're screwed. It's a V6 and will never sound like a V8. You can make the note a tad deeper. Cheapest is probably with a passenger side takeoff from an '05-'09 GT with a manual tranny.
Yea, and even fire V6 will never sound like an odd fire V8.
Get a ManualTransmission GT take-off muffler for the win.

C&L for the best CAI/Tuner combo.
If you are going for a Dyno tune in the future, get
whatever brand tuner your local Dyno tuner supports...
Attached Thumbnails My v6 mustang-cnlintakesystem.jpg  
Old 12-04-2010, 01:32 PM
capocaccia

I have the Pypes Axelback exhaust. From what Ive seen and read I believe it to be just a re-badged GT take off with a better chrome tip. However, it sounds fantastic for a V6. Its not loud on the highway, doesnt drone except for right at 2500rpms and doesnt even drone much then. If I were you Id find a gt take off and they can be had for cheap.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:36 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jasikes
I have a v6 mustang, which sucks but ill manage. I want to put a programer on it to get more horse power and for it to be faster, what is a good brand?also im looking for exhaust, i want something with a rumble rather then the bumble bee sound since its a v6. any suggestions! email me if so,
jasikes@mineralarea.edu
Old 12-05-2010, 08:42 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke

Lol well damn just come right out with it, "You're screwed"

Quick Reply: My v6 mustang