Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:38 PM
rmurad38
1st Gear Member

Default New to the forum

Hello everyone, I purchased a 2011 V6 convertible MCA Edition about 3-4 months ago now and overall I'm thrilled, but I have a couple small issues that seem annoying, if not unacceptable on a car that retails over $30k

First are various "ticks" and buzzes in the interior. The major problem is in the door panels, I have the shaker 500 system and certain Bass notes cause the plastic door panels to buzz, very annoying! I believe most of it is coming from the map pockets as you can even see them vibrate to the bass, perhaps a small piece of dynomat on the back of those pockets will fix it, but is this normal? Ive also had squeaks and ticks come and go from these door panels when going over bumps, seems to be worse in colder temps (in California, so by low temps I mean 40's to 50's lol) I've also had a "tick" start when going over bumps coming from the passenger side A-pillar and the plastics in the rear behind the passenger seat. Am I being too critical here, or is this not right.

Second issue is with the seats. I have the premium version plus comfort pkg, and within a month the leather on the side bolsters on the seat bottoms have begin to stretch on the sides, the stitching is fine, and the material is fine as well, but it is getting creased.. Yes, I'm a pretty big person, but it seems to me that the seats are wearing far too fast, is this the norm for leather? this is happening on the seat bottoms only on both the driver and passenger seats. Please hold the fat jokes please im trying!!

Aside from that i'm pretty pleased, aside from the 2.73 gears making it take off like a pig, power is great! of course I came from a 158HP dodge Caliber so anything is an improvement. Love the styling, features, etc.. just not happy with the squeaks, rattles, ticks (hated that with the caliber too) do American auto makers not know how to make a squeak free vehicle?! I'm bringing the car in for a scheduled free 3000 mile checkup on monday, and I'll bring tese issues up..

Thanks for any CONSTRUCTIVE input

rmurad38
Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the board!

For your questions on the new V6, check out this link:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s...discussion-48/
Old 12-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Trekker-1701
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to MF from the Great White North!

I test drove a 2011 MCA edition with the V6 and the 6 speed manual last fall, and really liked it. I'm sorry to hear about the squeaks and other issues you are having with the interior. Talk to your dealer. I'm sure they will try and help you out.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Welcome to MF & congrats!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Mikado463
2nd Gear Member

Welcome, hope you get your issues resolved
Old 12-05-2010, 09:02 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Larry Warcup
3rd Gear Member

Welcome rmurad38 to MF from beautiful British Columbia, Canada!

Congrats on your purchase of that new '11 V6'er! Great cars...even with a few squeeks.

No, I don't think you're being too fussy, but I've owned a few Mustangs, and none,
not even the brand new ones, were 'squeek or rattle-free'...usually the 'body fit'
wasn't all that great either.
It's a Mustang after all, not a BMW, ya know? (That's the way I had to look at it)

Your dealer will help you out with some of those annoying squeeks & rattles.
The seats, on the other hand, might have to be swapped out...they shouldn't be
breaking down...not yet...I don't care how big you are!
At least ask nicely first about them changing those seats for you. Always start
nice, it gets better results.

Good luck on fit & finish issues. Let us know how that works out for you.

And let's see some pics of that 6'er!

Larry