Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

This Is Downright Terrible

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 10:52 AM
a42mustang

Default This Is Downright Terrible

Can you believe this garbage? Y E A H right! [:'(]

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52733
Old 08-20-2005, 11:23 AM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

Default RE: This Is Downright Terrible

I don't doubt the guy. Without a tune to take out the horrible WOT delay, I think the V6 could have problems with several cars it probably should beat. This is one reason I got the xcal2. I hated that pedal to the floor, then wait what seems like a eternity before the power met the road. With the xcal mod, the race would have been over before it started.

The fella named engineer seemed to be level headed and ratioanal about it all.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:41 AM
a42mustang

True. After I installed the AEM CAI I noticed a big difference in power. I'll be trying out a tune in the next month or so just as well. But, boy did he brag about that one.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Even the other members of that forum don't believe it.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:35 PM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

Even the other members of that forum don't believe it.

Yeah, I think that is the funniest!!! If they were approaching 120, don't our cars "bottom out" speedwise there? I agree about the bogging out when you mash the gas, it's annoying, I've just been waiting for them to work out the kinks on the tune.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:50 PM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponytx
I agree about the bogging out when you mash the gas, it's annoying, I've just been waiting for them to work out the kinks on the tune.
I don't think this is something they are going to "work out". I think it was specifically designed in this way.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:53 PM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05V6inMD

I agree about the bogging out when you mash the gas, it's annoying, I've just been waiting for them to work out the kinks on the tune.
I don't think this is something they are going to "work out". I think it was specifically designed in this way.

sorry, I think you misunderstood me...I meant with the xcal2, I've been watching it for awhile, and it's been missing certain tunes, but it's all getting worked out, I've just been waiting on that....sorry for any confusion
Old 08-20-2005, 01:56 PM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05V6inMD

sorry, I think you misunderstood me...I meant with the xcal2, I've been watching it for awhile, and it's been missing certain tunes, but it's all getting worked out, I've just been waiting on that....sorry for any confusion
Yes, I did misunderstand. I think Brent at Brenspeed has it worked out as the tune he supplied to me was just dead on.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

i get dusted by those ricers all day when we go around curves... but theyre lighter. but lets face it on a straight run the TC isnt gonna win. and a stock v6 slaps you on the hand at 110. i think this guy is embelishing this story a bit.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:27 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Yea, this is pathetic. But read on in the post, his other tC friends tell him the 6 whould have handed his a$$ to him.

Quick Reply: This Is Downright Terrible