Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Holy C_r a p ! A V6 Supercharger!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 04:12 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

Default Holy C_r a p ! A V6 Supercharger!

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6ati.htm

That's what I'm talkin about [sm=groupwave.gif]
Old 08-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Endemo

Default RE: Holy C_r a p ! A V6 Supercharger!

Hey i saw that on ebay yesterday.

I am pretty much of a noob to superchargers. Could anyone tell me if the hp gain from superchargers is permanent or do you have to push a button or somethning like this to have the boost fo lets say a minute or so.

Next thing is what about the gas mileage. How much more will the engine need when equipped with such a baby?

And last but not least - what about the lifetime of the engine? Will it decrease drastically when running a supercharger with your V6?

Thanks guys.
I hope someone will soon buy such a toy, install it and give some feedback/clips from it while running.

Endemo
Old 08-21-2005, 10:07 AM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Endemo

Hey i saw that on ebay yesterday.

I am pretty much of a noob to superchargers. Could anyone tell me if the hp gain from superchargers is permanent or do you have to push a button or somethning like this to have the boost fo lets say a minute or so.

Next thing is what about the gas mileage. How much more will the engine need when equipped with such a baby?

And last but not least - what about the lifetime of the engine? Will it decrease drastically when running a supercharger with your V6?

Thanks guys.
I hope someone will soon buy such a toy, install it and give some feedback/clips from it while running.

Endemo
1. No buttons to push. It is always "on".

2. If you don't push it, driving nornal will generally yield normal gas mileage. If you push it...well, you can imagine.

3. Again, if used with sense and restraint, there is no damage to the engine. But, as you can imagine, when you have all that power, it is dificult to always practice retraint. But that is what it comes down to. If you consistently push it to its limits, it can be unforgiving to the engine. But there are many, many cars that have come stock rom the factory with a modest SC and never suffered a hicup. If you did install an aftermarket SC, you would play hell getting a Ford dealer to honor any engine related warranty. It's all a risk, but no necessarily a high risk if you aren't a lead foot.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:10 AM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

It claims a 50-65% increase. That would be 330-363HP. Woohoooo.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:20 PM
ponytx
2nd Gear Member

oohhhh i want one, why cant money grow on trees!!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Endemo

@o5V6inMD: Thanks for the info. Well, i guess ill pay off the credit i took for my 05 V6 and once its done ill get me a supercharger. Until then (in maybe 2-3 Years) the will surely have perfected the chargers for the V6.

Endemo

PS: Germany here. The 05 V6 with all Extras is about 36k of Dollars here. **** off the darn taxes - 26% alltogether + shipping and insurance. And now imagine how good you american guys have it
Old 08-21-2005, 02:08 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

With that much of an increase, are there are other mods ya need? Suspension or transmission upgrades, etc?
Old 08-21-2005, 03:30 PM
sippystang

You don't need a money tree just a really good printer and not get [sm=bustedsign.gif]
Old 08-21-2005, 05:32 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

ohh, I hope Santa Clause brings me one!!!
Old 08-21-2005, 07:09 PM
Stckman
2nd Gear Member

hey, this is getting really close to the cost of a GT... we need to remember WHY we own v6's gents... lets save SOME of that money for our monthly payments!?!?!?

Quick Reply: Holy C_r a p ! A V6 Supercharger!