MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Best CAI? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/629317-best-cai.html)

Young_Gun 01-16-2011 12:28 PM

Best CAI?

Anyone here have some recommendations for the best CAI? I'm looking for the biggest horsepower gain possible. The only modifications I have done under the hood so far is an X pipe

And I know they're best used with a tuner, so one of those package deal things would be great

Also, if my friend has a tuner, couldn't we order tunes for my car and use his tuner to put them in?

Oh, and, just throwing ideas around - how hard would it be to build my own supercharger? My uncle has a garage with the tools to build just about everything, and he has built superchargers before.

Thanks

MustangFirstCar 01-16-2011 12:37 PM

Pretty much any CAI, especially for the v6s, are the same. Its just visual preference. I have the C&L CAI with SCT tuner and Bama tunes from American Muscle and love it. Best 600 bucks I ever spent.

As for building your own supercharger, I guess you could. I really don't know what is involved in that.

Alec 01-16-2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar (Post 7376283)
Pretty much any CAI, especially for the v6s, are the same. Its just visual preference. I have the C&L CAI with SCT tuner and Bama tunes from American Muscle and love it. Best 600 bucks I ever spent.

This. Majority of the gain/improvement is in the tune, which I'd recommend getting a GOOD custom tune (AM/Brenspeed or Dyno) and combining that with a tune-required CAI

Young_Gun 01-16-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Alec (Post 7376304)
This. Majority of the gain/improvement is in the tune, which I'd recommend getting a GOOD custom tune (AM/Brenspeed or Dyno) and combining that with a tune-required CAI

Its like I (attempted to imply)

Order a custom Brenspeed tune, and use my friend's tuner to load it in my car

Nuke 01-16-2011 03:39 PM

I'd be rich if I had a nickel every time this was asked. Can we eliminate "best" from forum language? Someone poke a sharp object in my eyeballs.

Nuke 01-16-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Young_Gun (Post 7376474)
..Order a custom Brenspeed tune, and use my friend's tuner to load it in my car

No can do. Your friends tuner is linked to his PCM. It won't work on yours.

JCON 01-16-2011 10:16 PM

Nuke you've been on here long enough to know people under 500 posts don't know how to use the search tool

Young_Gun 01-17-2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by JCON (Post 7377055)
Nuke you've been on here long enough to know people under 500 posts don't know how to use the search tool

In which case I'll just drop off the map entirely.

Coming out of the MFS (Microsoft flight simulator community) I had assumed that nowhere could be that vicious. I was wrong on that.

Well, go ahead and delete my account from the forums because I'm out of here for good. Might as well sell the car while I'm at it.

Nuke 01-17-2011 10:53 AM

I can't believe that got you PO'd. Don't you have any brothers? LOL!

We all take friendly jabs at one another while attempting to help. Hope you stick around.

2007bluestang 01-17-2011 11:06 AM

what a party pooper...i get your humor nuke