Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Interior Door panals

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 06:32 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Default Interior Door panals

Ive noticed that alot of mustangs have the door panels that have the leather? inserts. Ive never seen one that has the light grey interior with leather inserts.
Did ford make leather inserts with light gray interior? Does anyone have any pics

If they did make it any ideas on how to get a set?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Bait12

I don't have a picture of my interior, but I think I know what you're talking about. I have the light grey interior and there's a black leather insert.

http://www.automobile.com/images/sto...256ce3a8bd.jpg

Is that black on the door interior what you're talking about?
Old 02-02-2011, 01:33 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Those leather (pleather) door inserts are part of the IUP (Interior Upgrade Package).
I have a 2007 & 2008 Brochure....in the '07 it list Light Graphite, I think that is grey.
In the 2008 it list Light Graphite, Dove Interior with Dark Charcoal Seats.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Yeah thats the insert im talking bout, i really like the look. Before i bought my stand i dint research the ineriors enough, my interior is very very very basic. I would love to get a set of panels that have the pleather inserts but i have no idea how to find a set that doesnt want an arm and a leg
Old 02-02-2011, 01:59 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I know the exist i found these two pics on google

I just dont know how to find a set

Old 02-02-2011, 02:26 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

You could try a junkyard. The pieces are just glued on, but not sure how well they will come off. I know some members here had some problems with them sagging and would remove them to add more adhesive.

You could try;

http://www.classicsofttrim.com/

but honestly, I bet they will charge $500+.
I think the best way would be to go to a fabric store and pick out the material you want, then make you a template and glue it on. You can get Welt to go around the edges to make it look cleaner.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:51 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

yeah 500+ is out of the question, I just ordered some of the carbon fiber wrap, the good kind, and i ordered 3 colors of welt jut to play around with.

I thought bout puting the CF wrap in the inster area but it was my undrstanind that the welt wouldnt worth unless u had the leather inserts
Old 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
yeah 500+ is out of the question, I just ordered some of the carbon fiber wrap, the good kind, and i ordered 3 colors of welt jut to play around with.

I thought bout puting the CF wrap in the inster area but it was my undrstanind that the welt wouldnt worth unless u had the leather inserts
True the regular Welt like you get from the car sites, will not fit properly unless you have the IUP. However, a member on here did put a different sized Welt he got from a fabric store. Look in the "Welt Stuff" thread in the Appearance section, or you can use the Search Box to find it.

You can paint the Welt whatever color you want. I had to do that with mine since they didn't have Vista Blue. I've had it installed since 2007 without any issues.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:56 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Yeah i was veiwing that thread. Im going to wrap that little panel by the arm rest on eaach doo with the CF wrap and then i ordered 5 foot of black, white and elctric blue welt to to put around the little panel cause they both rattle so im hoping once its wrapped and welted itll be tight enough to not rattle and shake when i hit a crack or bump in the road ill post pics of them in a new thread once i do it. in my head it looks amazing lol
Old 07-06-2018, 02:33 PM
cthuener

My interior door panels are coming off on my 2009 GT/CS. What Glue do you need to get them back on for good?

Quick Reply: Interior Door panals