Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Member...don't even have the car yet

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 PM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Smile New Member...don't even have the car yet

Looking at buying a 2011 Mustang V6 on Monday and have a couple of questions. The dealer let me bring the car home for the weekend and I noticed a couple of things that may be of concern. If someone could please answer a few questions for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Does anyone know if they make a seat belt extender but on the female side (by the console)? Seems to me the normal spot is pretty low along the console. The seatbelt itself is fine, just thinking something a little longer.... or maybe even something from another vehicle??

2. The car I am looking at is base model and it has a standard stereo in it. Is this something that is changable? I would like to put in a double din stereo, but the trim plate does not allow for it. Can I change the plate to fit?

3. Last question...so far. Is it possible to put a shaker hood on the V6 engine? If so, where can I find the kit. (I am not worried about power, but would like to improve the look.

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to being an owner. I have owned other mustangs, 2 69 machs and an 85 gt, so it not my first go around.

Kevin
Old 02-26-2011, 12:20 AM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I drive an 06 so i dont know much about the 11s

But this is one of the better parts sites, browse around it might find something that sparks your interest

http://www.americanmuscle.com/
Old 02-26-2011, 02:41 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by swagfu
2. The car I am looking at is base model and it has a standard stereo in it. Is this something that is changable? I would like to put in a double din stereo, but the trim plate does not allow for it. Can I change the plate to fit?
Yes, you can. It is however, a complete swap-out, and between $220 and $400 just for this, as it´s retaining HVAC and such with it´s own display.

You will still need to get something like the Pac-Audio C2R-FRD1 to run the after-market radio, unless you wish to run separate lines for a turn on line, and for more advanced head-units, the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) and e-brake lines.

Last edited by wayne613; 02-26-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:50 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by swagfu
Looking at buying a 2011 Mustang V6 on Monday and have a couple of questions. The dealer let me bring the car home for the weekend and I noticed a couple of things that may be of concern. If someone could please answer a few questions for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Does anyone know if they make a seat belt extender but on the female side (by the console)? Seems to me the normal spot is pretty low along the console. The seatbelt itself is fine, just thinking something a little longer.... or maybe even something from another vehicle??

3. Last question...so far. Is it possible to put a shaker hood on the V6 engine? If so, where can I find the kit. (I am not worried about power, but would like to improve the look.

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to being an owner. I have owned other mustangs, 2 69 machs and an 85 gt, so it not my first go around.

Kevin
1. You cam buy a seatbelt extender if you want it. You can probably find them at like Walmart.

2. The stereo is changeable. The problem is, the way it is designed, there are not many replacements yet. I am pretty sure someone has already done it, but even if they haven't, anything is possible if you are creative and have money.

3. Absolutely!

Good luck with the purchase
Old 02-26-2011, 06:22 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Ford offers seatbelt extenders at no charge as a policy. Just ask at the dealership. You may want to get two, as you might find the shoulder belt rides a little more comfortably away from your neck with one.

CDC has a shaker kit for the '010 V6, not sure it'll fit the '011 V6 directly due to the different engine, and their website isn't clear, but if they don't have one now, it's pretty much certain they will shortly.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:20 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for the replies fellas. That is a bummer about the stereo. But you have given me hope on the shaker and an excellent link for parts. I will keep you posted on what happens. They do have a 2010 GT on the lot with low miles. I may look into that. It has the shaker stereo in already.

Thanks again.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:00 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

So today is the day I am supposed to pick up my new car. They had to get it a dealer in Georgia and it should be here today. The good news is I work inside the dealership (not for them though) so I will be there to see it roll off the truck. What an exciting day this is going to be. They will be tinting the windows for me and putting my stripe kit on (when it comes in). There is so much information and so many mustang forums to look at. I am up til 3am just reading. Lots of great information out there.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

We want pics.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:48 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Welcome! And they let you take the car home for the weekend!? What dealer did you go to? (Where in FL too). I have never heard of that.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:15 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SilverStallion05
Welcome! And they let you take the car home for the weekend!? What dealer did you go to? (Where in FL too). I have never heard of that.
They may have done it becasue I work in the dealership. But I have had other cars before for a couple of days. I did that when I got my Scion too.

I am buying from Gary Yeomans ford in Daytona Beach. Like I said, I am not sure they do that for everybody, but its not like they don't know where I work...lol.

Quick Reply: New Member...don't even have the car yet