Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: Do you wave at other mustang owners when they drive by?
YES
64.29%
NO
35.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

To wave or not to wave, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 11:42 AM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

I usually wave to modded mustangs but being in NC most people wave anyways... if you are driving and you make eye contact with the other driver, no matter what they are driving, you usually wave and they wave back... around here I've found that true anyways... lol... and anybody in a performance car (mustang, corvette, camaro, challenger, charger, etc) usually waves to me as I am passing by them and I wave back... just a common courtesy for being a car guy... doesn't matter too much the car, just that they enjoy theirs as much as I enjoy mine
Old 03-01-2011, 11:53 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I used to wave all the time but stock looking sixxers never get a wave from me because in the past none of them ever responded, got those weird looks. Even GT's that either look dirtied up and maltreated don't get a wave. I wave at GT-500s whenever I see them and if I see another grabber blue I wave too.

There's one guy with a GB GT-500 somewhere near me that I always pass, he always waves back when I throw him a wave
Old 03-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by swagfu
Didn't even think of posting somewhere else here. I am new to the board and honestly still learning the whole navigation of the site.
Not a problem. I was just mentioning...

Originally Posted by alkemist
I used to but always got the same response as you (OP) did. I would get a look like I had lobsters coming out of my ears.
THAT I'd like to see...
Old 03-01-2011, 02:18 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

I'll do a two finger "yo" to an oncoming GT. But I also have bikers and truckers and drunk chicks wave at me and I'll "yo" back at them too.

Driving the stang, it's the only time I feel special so I have fun with it.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:22 PM
bmasek89
2nd Gear Member

I usually wave and usually get no repsonse but sometimes i do, I think the thing is that there are so many stangs out there and most are probably not true enthusiasts like us. Illl continue to throw the wave up and probably continue to get ignored most of the time.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:56 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I sometimes wave, give a thumbs up, or give a smiling and acknowledging nod. I will always give a response if someone waves or even nods at me.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

If someone waved at me I would wave back.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:29 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

I think I'll start waving again. Lol. I would love to see the lobsters as well. I always wave at anyone in a classic muscle car regardless of the manufacturer. Usually if they are driving it, they care for cars and deserve a wave.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:48 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I try to wave occasionally, but so many people ignore my waves/existence that I have stopped.

Just TODAY I saw a blue Pony package s197 and was like "hey, almost like mine!! Ill pull up and wave to him", I pull up and the whole time he seems like his full attention is on staying in his lane...
Old 03-01-2011, 11:53 PM
MustangMan1718
1st Gear Member

This thread just reminded me of when I was driving and another red Mustang was coming from the opposite direction. He had to have been a husky fella since I saw a big arm come out of his window nearly to the shoulder and he firmly pointed at me. I never saw the guy himself, so it made it quite comical, and even my girlfriend laughed. But that was about the only acknowledgment I have ever had.

Today when I was driving around a bit looking for a tint shop I have been looking up (and never actually found >_>) I noticed that it is "Mustang season" once again. However, it disappointed me to see that every single one of them were bone stock and didn't even seem excited to see another Mustang. The same thing happened last weekend when I saw what I thought was a curious GT coming up behind me to check me out, but was a v6 with a bumper conversion. He never even gave me any type of look when he got beside me. No fun at all.

I also wonder if I would get the same treatment with my red '05 as I would my dad's now primer gray '69 Mach 1. =p

Quick Reply: To wave or not to wave, that is the question