Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: Do you wave at other mustang owners when they drive by?
YES
64.29%
NO
35.71%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

To wave or not to wave, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Default To wave or not to wave, that is the question

So I am in a loaner mustang til tonight. Yesterday, I passed another mustang going the other direction and I instantly throw a hand up for a wave...the guy looks at me like I am crazy and doesn't wave back.

That got me to thinking about it. When I owned a corvette, the drivers would wave at each other. When I ride my motorcycle, most guys wave at each other. Or at least acknowledge one another.

Is it not the same with mustang drivers? I mean, we all have something in common. And it makes you feel like you're part of something bigger...

What do you guys think? Wave or No Wave?

Lets hear it.....
Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

My g/f and I always wave at other Stangs when we drive our own. It always annoys me when the other guy obviously sees you and never responds. If I were king, I'd take their keys away.

This should have been posted in the S197 main forum. You'd get more responses; V6 and GT's alike.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:03 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

I used to wave... No one else does so I don't bother anymore. I might do it again but too many inconsiderate/non appreciative/non understanding kids own them now and don't get it. You wave and they think that means they are supposed to know you. They don't understand the "car guy things".
Old 03-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

If I see a Mustang that has some custom work done, I'll wave, but after enough times waving to someone just driving there stock mustang with no response I don't wave at the stockers anymore, unless they wave first.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I do most of the time and very occasionally get a response.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:17 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
My g/f and I always wave at other Stangs when we drive our own. It always annoys me when the other guy obviously sees you and never responds. If I were king, I'd take their keys away.

This should have been posted in the S197 main forum. You'd get more responses; V6 and GT's alike.
Didn't even think of posting somewhere else here. I am new to the board and honestly still learning the whole navigation of the site.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:28 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

i would only wave if its a custom mustang. bc if its not chances are the ppl arent car enthusiasts and therefore will think ur crazy if u wave at them lol. with vettes and bikes its a mostly enthusiast community, while the market is so saturated with mustangs that chances are most owners arent really enthusiasts
Old 03-01-2011, 10:38 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I usually only wave at other modded Mustangs or atleast GT's most stock sixxers aren't into cars like that and don't understand.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I used to but always got the same response as you (OP) did. I would get a look like I had lobsters coming out of my ears.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:49 AM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

I wave sometimes. The other night coming down a empty stretch of highway me and an like a 96 or so mustang had a little race, before it even got to the point of racing i pulled up next to him and waved and he just stared at me.

Quick Reply: To wave or not to wave, that is the question