Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Makes me want a GT haha

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Lol yeah I doubt OP was looking for an argument to start on his thread.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:11 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Not sure about how much a Forged 4.0 can do on boost, but I wouldn't go shopping for a GT just yet.. for the price of a new car, you could easily build up you sixxer to put many of the newer cars to shame. A built motor/supercharger, GT rear end, would do wonders..

just saying.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:49 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Not sure about how much a Forged 4.0 can do on boost, but I wouldn't go shopping for a GT just yet.. for the price of a new car, you could easily build up you sixxer to put many of the newer cars to shame. A built motor/supercharger, GT rear end, would do wonders..

just saying.
Well we have forged rods from the factory... Justin @ VMP's wifes car puts down 395/400 w/ a vortech @ 15 psi stock motor... Jenna on the collective puts down 435/525 with a turbo setup, stock motor...
Old 03-21-2011, 01:29 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

?? stock forged rods?? damn.. if only I would have known... I could have saved a fortune lol
Old 03-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Well we have forged rods from the factory... Justin @ VMP's wifes car puts down 395/400 w/ a vortech @ 15 psi stock motor... Jenna on the collective puts down 435/525 with a turbo setup, stock motor...
they are forged but not up to spec with aftermarket forged rods.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:47 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

better than the stock GT rods. When my motor blew last summer and I disassembled it. I was surprised at how small our stock rods/pistons were on the GT.. friggin tiny lol
Old 03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

Vortech comes on around 2700-3000 so its not much different... Fastest X Charger w/o any nitrous is Jim's 12.6....? Plus you have to break down the cost difference. $6000 w/ intercooler? Not trying to start a war just stating facts as to why the xcharger wouldn't "need" supporting mods.
Also just stating facts about real world horsepower and torque that you misstated about the X-Charger. 1000RPM is a significant difference! The torque curve on the X-Charger is very flat as compared too the Vortech. Seems to me that there have been a few grudge races between the two and it can go either way. Probably mostly has to do with driver ability.

If you plan on drag racing you will need supporting mods no matter what system you install. Either system can be installed on a bone stock car and work just fine if you don't mind one wheel peel. LOL

What I would really like to see is some longevity numbers. There are many X-Charges out there running well over 100,000 miles now. How about some numbers on the Vortech guys?

Sorry guys i just can't stop! LOL
Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nice Pony
Also just stating facts about real world horsepower and torque that you misstated about the X-Charger. 1000RPM is a significant difference! The torque curve on the X-Charger is very flat as compared too the Vortech. Seems to me that there have been a few grudge races between the two and it can go either way. Probably mostly has to do with driver ability.

If you plan on drag racing you will need supporting mods no matter what system you install. Either system can be installed on a bone stock car and work just fine if you don't mind one wheel peel. LOL

What I would really like to see is some longevity numbers. There are many X-Charges out there running well over 100,000 miles now. How about some numbers on the Vortech guys?

Sorry guys i just can't stop! LOL
I understand, pretty sure Cameron got what 140k on his motor? 80k of it being supercharged non intercooled 8psi and intercooled 12...
Old 03-21-2011, 07:47 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

I understand, pretty sure Cameron got what 140k on his motor? 80k of it being supercharged non intercooled 8psi and intercooled 12...
The reason I ask is early on when the X-Charger was still in development the Turbo and Centrifugal crowd were really down on the X-Charger stating it was going to be very hard on the engine due to the low end torque of the Roots blower. That has now been proven to be totally wrong information over the years and there are a lot more high mileage X-Chargers running around than both Turbos and Centrifugals combined. Don't get me wrong here. I am not slamming any of the systems. They are all good in there own right. Let's just keep the facts straight is all I ask. As for those always making a cost comparisons. Have you checked out the prices of a roots or twin screw based system for the GT 4.6? They cost as much or usually more than the X-Charger with virtually the same required components. There is a lot more cost involved in manufacturing a Roots system vs. a Centrifugal system. So it really boils down to what type of system fits your budget, needs or likes. There is no wrong or right or better or worse.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:20 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nice Pony
The reason I ask is early on when the X-Charger was still in development the Turbo and Centrifugal crowd were really down on the X-Charger stating it was going to be very hard on the engine due to the low end torque of the Roots blower. That has now been proven to be totally wrong information over the years and there are a lot more high mileage X-Chargers running around than both Turbos and Centrifugals combined. Don't get me wrong here. I am not slamming any of the systems. They are all good in there own right. Let's just keep the facts straight is all I ask. As for those always making a cost comparisons. Have you checked out the prices of a roots or twin screw based system for the GT 4.6? They cost as much or usually more than the X-Charger with virtually the same required components. There is a lot more cost involved in manufacturing a Roots system vs. a Centrifugal system. So it really boils down to what type of system fits your budget, needs or likes. There is no wrong or right or better or worse.
Agreed, I'll admit there is a bunch of Xchargers w/ alot of mileage! The guys that seem to pop the motors is the turbo guys!

Quick Reply: Makes me want a GT haha