Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lowering the stangs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

Default Lowering the stangs?

Whatsup guys!
Just a question for you guys....

All the time i see pictures of stangs..and most get return comments saying lower the car etc....

Now i have seen 83838 pics and i myself cannot tell when it is lowered or not...Maybe i just didn't have the eye, but are there any pics of a stang regular, and 1 lowered? Sorry if this is odd, but just wanted to clearify! Thanks!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:26 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

If you look in my pictures you can see the difference when I first bought the car to now.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:11 PM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Stock

.8/1.2
Old 03-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

gotchya !! Thanks man..

I still love how you guys notice asap...Your car is so fresh it took me a while to notice and just stop staring haha
Old 03-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

Here you go.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Stock - The rear gap was so big, I could put my fist between the rear tire and wheel well.

Eibach Pro-kit
front: 1.3 inches
rear: 1.4 inches

Last edited by kevinmalec; 03-30-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

Wow! Perfect....Thanks so much guys...Now I see why it is so good to do....Does alot! Very nice cars.

While I have you guys, a quick question...Instead of making a new thread for example...

If i were to buy the FRPP or any dual exhaust kit WITHOUT a cai/tuner just yet...Will it just be a waste of money or will i still get the same noise i would with a cai for a v6..Bceause I have about 600 to spend, and i know CAI is so important..But with that precious $600, I really want the duals first, then a couple months down ioll grab a cai if anything.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:38 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchise-SZ
Wow! Perfect....Thanks so much guys...Now I see why it is so good to do....Does alot! Very nice cars.

While I have you guys, a quick question...Instead of making a new thread for example...

If i were to buy the FRPP or any dual exhaust kit WITHOUT a cai/tuner just yet...Will it just be a waste of money or will i still get the same noise i would with a cai for a v6..Bceause I have about 600 to spend, and i know CAI is so important..But with that precious $600, I really want the duals first, then a couple months down ioll grab a cai if anything.
No problem! In regards to dual exhaust, it is more for looks and better sound, not performance. Yes, you will still get the same noise without the CAI/Tune. However, once you add the CAI and custom tune, the tone of the exhaust may change and sound better!
BTW, a stand alone CAI with out a custom tune will not give you much gain, maybe (3-5) HP. Get the tuner/CAI combo, which can get you (15-20HP). I have an Airaid CAI, which does not require a tune and I only felt minimal gains in the higher RPMS. Once I uploaded the custom tune, it was like having a totally different car!!
Hope this helps!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 03-30-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:44 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I ran my car a couple years without a CAI and a Tune and had exhaust on it. It still runs just fine till this day. I know some will say its essential but it isnt as essential as you would be lead to believe
Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 PM
SheeksXD

in general, how much will it cost to lower my stang?

Quick Reply: Lowering the stangs?