Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

questions about lca

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
i heard that adjustable is really only useful if you road race heavily. otherwise it will be very hard to dial it in. heard this from a mustang tuner today FWIW
yeah im not hard core , so I don't need the optimal pinion angle , I want the solids cause i lowered the car , and occasionally drag race
Old 04-06-2011, 11:23 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

good plan. even tho i sometime road race my car i dont do it enough to justify adjustable
Old 04-10-2011, 11:42 AM
John@TrackspecMotorsports
Former Sponsor

Default Trackspec Motorsports

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
sooo , was just considering getting non adjustable lca's and relocating brackets , but I remember the last stang that I put solid lcas on had a horrible ride (noise and feel)
need input from people that have them , are you happy with them ? and did you honestly get better traction ? I did some search's and mostly found the brand people got , and that they were satisfied , but I want details of why they are happy , and was it worth it to them
What are your goals with the car? If you are looking for improved handling, reducing wheel hop on hard launches, and improving traction, non adjustables are really all you need with a set of relocation brackets ...no need to spend the extra dough.

Adjustable control arms are really overkill for anyone that doesnt plan on needing to change pinion angle when not deviating much from the stock ride hieghts. If you lower your car a considerable amount or raise it for tire clearance, the pinion angle changes and must be adjusted for in order to be set up correctly. For the everyday streetcar that has a mild to no drop, non adjustables are just fine.

We have the UMI adjustables on our roadrace fox mustang and set them to stock length about 4 years ago, never touched them since. If you are planning on pushing the car with more mods and want the adjustability for the future, by all means go adjustable.

I think you will be very happy with an LCA, panhard bar, and relocation kit. You will get much improved performance and traction for a pretty modest amount of money spent. It also looks nice poking out from behind

We sell BMR, UMI, Steeda, etc and can get you a great package price with FREE SHIPPING. Shoot us a PM on your goals with the car, how much you drive it on the track/street, and we can get you the right combo on your budget.

Shoot us a PM, let us know how we can help you.

John@trackspecmotorsports.com