Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Eibach Sway and Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:21 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Default Eibach Sway and Springs

Today was install day in front of my house.. got to say even though it was my first time doing springs and sways it went fairly smooth. Eibach kits were top notch, though they really lack an install guide, I just kind of winged it. The springs were very easy putting in, more of a PIA getting the old ones out, rented a spring compressor from autozone to do the job. As I did the springs I also installed the sway bars. Thank god I have air tools and a bunch of jacks laying around, I would of been beating my head into the ground if I would of had to use standard ratchets. I put my front sway bar on the middle setting out of the three holes. I heard the competition setting is kinda harsh.

First impressions, the car looks sexy as hell, I was like damnnnn haha. Took it out on to the main road got on the freeway ramp going north and then took the other ramp back on to the turnpike pushing around 60mph on a tight bank, car feels glued to the road. It is scary what an improvement these mods have made over stock.

Really didn't take to many pictures since my hands were covered in grease and dirt for 5 hours. Also I have to get an alignment, I have a little negative camber in the front.

Anyways heres a few pics, I def gotta do a new photo shoot with the DSLR, of the new lowered stance, and all these sexy mods lately haha.

Just showing the mess I made at the end of the driveway, installation was almost done at this point.

Heres a Before Shot, that was taken last month.

Heres an after shot from my phone that does no justice...
Old 04-10-2011, 01:03 AM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

Kudos for doing that in the road
Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Very nice and congrats! Lol @ in the road! you gotta do what you gotta do!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

yeah i have a boat and a big *** RV in my driveway, and my street isn't to busy. My biggest thing was I wasn't going to pay someone $350 to install everything. haha
Old 04-13-2011, 02:52 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Looks great bro!
What is your camber?
My camber
Front Left -1.5
Front Right: -1.2
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Yeah that looks like fun working in the street, my most interesting install was when I put all my steeda parts in during a snow storm with a temp of 25F in my friends driveway. Yours looks good thinking about it to upgrade my sways to get a more competition feel.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 PM
nvrBLU13

how intense was the install? jw
looks great man!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:42 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nvrBLU13
how intense was the install? jw
looks great man!
You need a full day to do it and you need the proper tools. Other then that its a good amount of work, but nothing to crazy.

heres how she looks now, I think the springs settled a bit

Old 04-15-2011, 08:44 AM
livinloud98
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Looks great bro!
What is your camber?
My camber
Front Left -1.5
Front Right: -1.2
going to get the alignment done this week, ill let you know then. it doesnt look to bad so im hoping I dont need to buy camber bolts
Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by livinloud98
going to get the alignment done this week, ill let you know then. it doesnt look to bad so im hoping I dont need to buy camber bolts
My front left camber is at the highest point of the spec. Kaufmann Tire suggested a camber kit, should I see any problems with tire wear, pulling and etc.
FYI, I have a thread in the handling section with peoples suggestions, ideas and recommendations regarding the camber.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197...-question.html

Quick Reply: Eibach Sway and Springs