Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How can I find shops in Riverside Ca. Area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 10:44 AM
rodtod11

Default How can I find shops in Riverside Ca. Area?

Hello,
I am looking for performance shops in my area, Riverside County Ca. I have a 2008 Mustang V6 with Pony Package and am interested in Borla exhaust, maybe a CAI, new performance chip if they have such a thing and some interior trim. I checked the internet and didnt find anything. Any suggestions?
What I want to do with my Mustang is just dress it up a bit on the interior and smooth out the engine. It runs great but I would love the sound of Borla's and if possible just a smoother application of its power. Its very hard to explain in words, but I have a 2011 Chevy Travers with a V6 that has a lot of power and it just applies very smoothly as you step on the gas. The Ford has enough power for me but the feel of it is less smooth. Like I said, its very hard to explain in words.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

To find a shop in Riverside, I'd suggest checking out the CA regional section and asking them.

As far as the parts you mentioned, check out American Muscle. All are easy to install, so I wouldn't go to a shop for that. Look into the CAI/tuner combo from AM. Chips are for eating, we retune
Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Another way to find out about good shops versus bad is www.yelp.com, look up automotive in your area and see what people are saying about different companies.

If you can get a stanger to recommend someone before you have to turn to this, that's better, but I know in my case, I don't know anybody else on the forums from Bloomington IL so I just use the web services to try to glean what I can from the auto groups around here. I actually just used Yelp today to find a good body/paint guy in the area and it looks like one company stands out from the rest.

Hopefully I'll be getting my upper grille surround, radiator cover, fuse box cover, coolant cover, and coil covers painted a wonderful shade of grabber blue . Hopefully they don't throw a price out there that's too ridiculous hah. I can hope.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Welcome to the forum. Here is a link to the California page - https://mustangforums.com/forum/cali...l-chapter-148/ and here is a link to local trusted mechanics in your area. https://mustangforums.com/forum/cali...t-it-here.html If you find/use a mechanic that is not here please make sure to post it so others will know!

Thanks,
Matthew