Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What else do I need to put on my duals?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default What else do I need to put on my duals?

Okay so I found a person who is selling their H-pipe (from after the cats) off of their Mustang GT. I already have Mustang GT mufflers, what else do I need? Is their H-pipe after the cat's what I need? If that is what I need then what else do I need in order to have everything so that I can bring it to my buddies shop and have him install??

Thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 07:01 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Let's see, I'm thinking...

1. drivers side mid-pipe/over axle from the H to the muffler
2. drivers side hanger bracket that's bolted to frame, to hang the muffler from
3. cutout on the drivers side of the bumper cover for the exhaust tip

I don't know...it's early anad that's all I can think of...good luck.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you'll need the hangers for the Driver Side... as well as the intermediate pipes that run from the H back to the mufflers. That and any and all associated clamps. Still working on mine at this point... I have an X-pipe, the muffs and the intermediate pipes from a GT.... just need the hangers and clamps.

That... and the time to get under there to install it all.....
Old 06-22-2011, 03:18 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

You will need both sides of the over axle pipes, because the gt exhaust is 2.5"s and the v6 is 2.25"s, 4 band clamps, 2 drivers side exhaust hangers, either a thread tap (for drivers side mounting holes for hangers) or self threading screws
Old 06-23-2011, 04:34 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

How much will all of that stuff run me and how hard is it to find all of that
Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Exclamation 05-09 exhaust....

Originally Posted by maxshuty
Okay so I found a person who is selling their H-pipe (from after the cats) off of their Mustang GT. I already have Mustang GT mufflers, what else do I need? Is their H-pipe after the cat's what I need? If that is what I need then what else do I need in order to have everything so that I can bring it to my buddies shop and have him install??

Thanks
What you need is the Mid Pipe from Ford Drivers side.....2 hanger brackets and hardware the Ford has available bolts etc.......personally I would not buy someones used h-pipe....personally I used a X-pipe Ford Racing...on ebay all day.....

Mid pipe drivers side
Hangers
All hardware.....use your GT Muffler take-offs......

my .02 and using Ford parts for Duals, other the Corsa Xtremes......

after 05-09, the bumper changed and so did the measurments.....another poster speaking of different pipe diameters is refering to a 2010 V6........

Anyway just some executed info.....you say tomato and say tomato......
Old 06-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Mr. Ugly
3rd Gear Member

The driver side pipe is available from Rock Auto for pretty cheap. There's a discount code for like 5% too.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:36 PM
4.0 $tang
2nd Gear Member

Go to the Pypes website for the template to cutout the bumper, pretty easy to find
Old 06-24-2011, 03:29 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Can someone link me to everything I need to complete my dual exhaust from parts from rockauto? I'm on the site looking at exhaust stiff but I don't know which parts or how many of them I need. I'll do x-pipe if no H is available I just wanna get this done. I'm sick of only one exhaust lol.
I have ONLY the mufflers off of a mustang gt at this point. I need everything else. If someone could link me to all the parts I need from that site I would really really appreciate it. Sorry I'm his pretty dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff. The parts on rockauto seem cheap enough to stay in budget. Also I would rather go stainless steel on everything if that's an option for the part since I live in MN
Old 06-24-2011, 06:11 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

Rock Auto wants to sell systems...you need to go to a Dealership

Needed (1) Driver side mid pipe...
(1) Ford Racing X-pipe.....http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.a...paign=shopping

(2) Driver Side muffler hangers....and order the correct bolts from the Dealership..

Clamps are a pain, I had mine welded together...

my .02

Quick Reply: What else do I need to put on my duals?