Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help to a double idiot !!:icon_bricks:

Old 10-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Abe64
1st Gear Member

Exclamation Help to a double idiot !!:icon_bricks:

Well my intensions was to change the oil on my 2010 V6, but u know what i did instead, I drain the freaking trasmission fluid instead, i now I dont know where to filled up from. I need to know where to add trasmission fluid. Please help to this idiot...(I did the search, but nothing came up).
Old 10-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Abe64
1st Gear Member

No one seriously...I have a problem here !! Need your help.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

If you look in your owners manual you should find your answer.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:37 PM
JimC

The transmission fill is on the bottom - that drain plug you removed is a two piece plug, the inner section comes out and you put a tool from OTC ( http://www.amazon.com/OTC-6604-Trans...8116814&sr=1-1 ) to pump fluid up into the transmission. You can do it with a ****** brass connector since you need to do it right away - take the plug down to Auto Zone or the like and find one that will screw in.

You will need to put a hand pump on a quart of transmission fluid bottle and pump it up into the trans. Keep doing it until fluid starts to come back out. Put the center plug back in and start the car up. Let it run for a bit, move it through the gears. Once it is warmed up, get back under the car (watch the hot parts!), put your filler back in the center and pump more fluid up until it starts to drain back again.

It will probably take about 7 quarts.

Ideally you pump fluid up into the trans while it is running, but if you are on jack stands that isn't a good idea. So take it to your friendly dealer and ask them to double check and top off the transmission.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:38 PM
JimC

I believe that there is a write up on how to do the transmission fluid change here, or over at www.mustangcollective.com
Old 10-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Abe64
1st Gear Member

Thanks JimC for the info..
Old 10-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Really?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:00 AM
JimC

Originally Posted by JimC
You can do it with a ****** brass connector since you need to do it right away - take the plug down to Auto Zone or the like and find one that will screw in.
Weird, not sure why the site would censor that word - the censored word was just
b a r b e d
Old 10-09-2011, 09:25 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Do you have a manual or an auto?

When I change the tranny fluid on the manual, rather then spend the money on the pump, alot of which dont work to well, I let gravity do the job for me. Get 3ft of .5" hose and a funnel that will fit in the hose. Run the hose from the engine bay to the fill hole, careful not to melt it on the cats/ exhaust if theyre hot. just pour the fluid in untill you hear it dripping into the pan.

I dont know if that would work on the auto, but it does on a manual and its a thousand times easier than dicking with a hand pump
Old 10-09-2011, 09:52 AM
JimC

Won't work on the automatic. The fill port is on the bottom of the pan so you have to pump up to get it in the transmission. Gravity won't do it unfortunately.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help to a double idiot !!:icon_bricks: