Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

XCalibrator 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 11:21 AM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Default XCalibrator 2

Ok I plan on ordering a chip this weekend and was wondering if the SCT XCalibrator 2 would be the best buy? I have heard many great things about it but was just checking to see if there were any other chips on the market that were better? I was also wondering if anyone has had any problems resulting from the chip?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
mtal1259
1st Gear Member

Default RE: XCalibrator 2

I was looking into the Superchips tuner. From what I understand it is very easy to use. But, like you, I only want to buy ONE, so I am looking for more ffedback from users before buying. If anyone else has feedback on either of these (or others) you opinions will be appreciated.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

The Xcalibrator 2 is a flasher , 05s dont use chips. Most of the people i have heard from use the Xcalibrator 2 from Superchips Custom Tuning which is not the same as the Superchips Tuner. The Xcal hold up to 3 tunes , scans for codes and is able to datalog and tunes can be added thru email. Good Luck
Old 09-08-2005, 04:15 PM
rog6

The XCal is what I used from Doug at Bama Chips and I'm delighted with the improvement. www.bamachips.com
Old 09-08-2005, 05:19 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Here's a dyno graph showing a bone stock V6 auto before and after with an SCT X-Cal2... Notice the HUGE improvement in Torque....

V6 Dyno

For manuals the difference isn't so dramatic.. but it still is noticable...
Old 09-08-2005, 10:57 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Default Heard of sniper?

Just came across this...anybody know any specifics? Haven't stumbled on the prices yet...

If this can do what it claims----sweet

http://www.snipertuning.com/new/product.phtml?p=21
Old 09-08-2005, 11:55 PM
DanteMo
1st Gear Member

hambone,

I was thinking that a product like that would be great (the snipertuning) software. I have a laptop, and it would be nice for me to get rid of all of the flasher hardware. I don't need it... I want to be able to see all the parms on my car. I am really interested in how much this costs??
Old 09-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Hrm, can't find any price info for the Sniper stuff. Maybe it's a bit too new, or something still in progress/development.

Here's a decent price on XCal2 AND cold air intake for $399. Anybody know anything about the JMS tunes?? That's like getting the air induction for "free", compared to other prices I've been seeing....

http://www.jmschip.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=403

Old 09-09-2005, 09:53 AM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hambone

Hrm, can't find any price info for the Sniper stuff. Maybe it's a bit too new, or something still in progress/development.

Here's a decent price on XCal2 AND cold air intake for $399. Anybody know anything about the JMS tunes?? That's like getting the air induction for "free", compared to other prices I've been seeing....

http://www.jmschip.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=403

WOW!!! That is a great price on a combo. I love my steeda CAI, but I am not dilusional enough to think cone filter A is more than a gnats hair different from cone filter B. I paid about $580 for my Steeda CAI/Xcal2 combo. The price for this one above is basically a free CAI. Dyno numbers to back it up. Proof positive a CAI is a CAI. What more does one need.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05V6inMD
WOW!!! That is a great price on a combo. I love my steeda CAI, but I am not dilusional enough to think cone filter A is more than a gnats hair different from cone filter B. I paid about $580 for my Steeda CAI/Xcal2 combo. The price for this one above is basically a free CAI. Dyno numbers to back it up. Proof positive a CAI is a CAI. What more does one need.
Yeah, that's kind of what I thought when I saw the price. From what I read last night, the JMS folks have been around a while, I imagine their stuff is up to snuff.

The $400 tag is tempting--the $550-650 deals aren't so tempting...

I'd *really* like to get rid of the throttle-lag--it's annoying! Not sure it's worth $400 quite yet though...hehe.

Quick Reply: XCalibrator 2