Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New to the Forum - New Mustang (to me)

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum miguelitochamoy! That black out panel on the rear looks great with red! I think you made a wise choice going with dark seats over the lighter ones. These cars are fun to mod!

Young-Gun didn't you own V6 first??? Seems like you were always up in arms when some GT dude would be-little our V-sixxers. Now look at you!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:13 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by miguelitochamoy
Hi guys, Thank you for the welcome, I'm going to start looking on those mods recommendations of yours, the mods I did were just to get away of that OEM look .

Yes the seats are take offs from a 11 GT, they fit great but the rears have some extra skin for a head rest that my v6 does not have, I just filled that space in with some seat foam and now the rear looks like a gt seat. I found a really good deal online, they were $170 shipped and they look brand new.
OMG where did you find them thats a hell of a deal please share
Old 12-28-2011, 09:54 PM
miguelitochamoy

Hi, I actually didn't like the plastic panels that are sold online and I knew that vinyl would come after some time and deteriorate, so I decided to paint it my self so I grabbed some black metallic paint and did the paint job myself (wet sanding, paint coats, wet sand with fine grit, clear coat on top), with my airbrush I added some semi-gloss clear coat on top and it came out much more better than I thought it would have.

It was a store in Vegas let me look for the email they sent me and I'll add the link here. They had some off of a shelby too. Really good deal, cheapest I could find anywhere.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:56 PM
miguelitochamoy

Upps in the second part of my last message I was referring to the seat take-offs
Old 12-28-2011, 11:32 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

hey Miguel dunno if this is the same place you got your takeoffs but after info you gave us I found this site I ordered them tonight thanks a ton the cheapest I found them anywhere before tonight was 400 guess it depends on where they are shipped to for the final price but i got mine for 207. Thanks again. I guess they are first come first serve but I placed my order so heres the site for everyone else.
http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-Ga...Parts-s/89.htm
Old 12-29-2011, 12:00 AM
miguelitochamoy

Yes those are the guys I bought them from... you can expect excellent quality and they take like 5 days to ship them out but it is totally worth it. The ones I got were literally brand new looking and I don't know if all leather is the same but the quality of these seats is great.

Installation is not that hard, I started at around 7:00 pm the same day I got them and finished at around 11:00 that is including the time it took me to take the seats out of the car and installing them back in, and I have zero experience with upholstery and I did the whole thing all by myself, I just watched some youtube videos and read a few articles online.

I don't know a about the price, I paid 170 shipped. but what you paid for them it still is a good deal.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Damn!
I wish I had known about that place before I got my Pony Package leather.
But there is no way I am redo those freaking seats. Lol
Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Damn!
I wish I had known about that place before I got my Pony Package leather.
But there is no way I am redo those freaking seats. Lol
I know I was just thinking the same thing! Mine still look like new.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:32 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Actually ordering them tonight. My husband really dislikes my pony package seats so I'm getting the GT seats.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:48 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Actually ordering them tonight. My husband really dislikes my pony package seats so I'm getting the GT seats.
Tanner05 I'm sure if your seats are still in good condition you should have no problem selling them.

Quick Reply: New to the Forum - New Mustang (to me)