Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Suggested MODS for an European 2011 V6

Old 01-10-2012, 12:20 PM
plumbago

I have the exact same Vert you are getting including the color and interior. I'd recommend: AM Muscle, Bama Tunes. Airaid CAI, Nothing at all wrong with the all season P zero Pirelli speed rated tires that come on the car they are 18". 19's might be nice, but there is a much better tire selection available in the 18" size....
Borla Touring for sure, but most any of the rest will be too loud and you will not be happy. I'd stay with the stock 2.73 axel for better mileage and cost in your situation. Don't lower the car, change springs or put any hard poly bushing upper and lower control arms on, as this causes a big ,and I mean big problem for the drive shaft if the pinion angle is not perfectly set....The Vert comes with special springs and is set up wonderful and handles extreamly well as it is....take it from a senior who knows.....be careful on who you listen to on these forums.............best regards Plum
Old 01-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Corrado68

Thanks Plum for the good advice, and thanks to all the others, too
Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Hey Corrado!

If your stock tires are 17x7s, then I wouldn't try running 255s.... I'm running 255's all around but I also have 18x9s. I would think that 235s would be the widest you'd want to go. Those wheels you want to get are drop dead gorgeous though!

I'm not too familiar with driveshaft problems on the 11+ so I won't even attempt that one.

As for the extra ponies, Americanmuscle.com (referenced by a few others) have very reliable tunes that'll increase your rwhp by 25hp (and similar gains for torque) at 93 octane, which I guess is your 98? Talk with the reps over there first before your purchase, but cold air intake and tuner combo is definitely the way to go!

Stick with the stock gear ratio! Going lower might just allow you to achieve a better top end, but driveability at low speeds or highway driving will just be awful, bogging down everywhere you go.

As for exhaust, that's purely subjective. I've always been a big fan of Borlas and Flowmasters but that's just me!

Good luck on your mods!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Corrado68

Hi all,

thanks to all the input I received, and thanks to the enourmous info that I found on these forums, I think I've defined my initial "strategy".

First, I'll enjoy the car as it is for a while. End of Winter and early spring are a good time to do that... You aren't using a Convertible THAT much in this period anyway

Later in the spring, I'll work on the tyres. I won't change the rims immediately: keeping the 17x7" stock rims I'll go up to 235/55R17 and put some decent, VR or ZR rated tyres

By Summer, I'll get a CAI+93 Octane tune, to get the best from our Euro-98 gas (which is a 93 Octane in US standards).

Probably by Christmas, I'll get the Borla Touring or the FRPP Sport axle-back exhaust system.

After saving some more money, and maybe when the tyres on the 17" rims are gone, I'll take those gorgeous PP 19" rims and put on some 255/40ZR19 tyres, leaving the 17" for the winter tyres on the following year.

Final Drive and/or suspensions... let's leave them out of the plan for the moment, I think I need to know more about this car before stripping her down

It sounds like a plan, huh? Enough to enjoy the little steps of improvement and find everytime a new beauty in your Mustang... tuning a Mustang is like fallling in love, you don't wanna rush it
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

I would definitly throw a driveshaft under it. Even if the 11's dont have the problem on every car, it isnt worth risking. That way when you get the tune and tires, you can go as fast as you would like.

Send some of those 94 MPH speed limits this way.