Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hail Damaged

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 09:09 PM
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Default Hail Damaged

Mustang got caught outside in a really bad hail storm here in Nashville. Took it into the Body shop today and dropped it off. Right at $5,000.00 in damage to the hood, trunk, rear trunk deck and windshield header. I took it to Price's Collision Center which gives a lifetime warranty but still worried about the paint match. Wish me luck for some good repairs.......
Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tnroadrunr
Mustang got caught outside in a really bad hail storm here in Nashville. Took it into the Body shop today and dropped it off. Right at $5,000.00 in damage to the hood, trunk, rear trunk deck and windshield header. I took it to Price's Collision Center which gives a lifetime warranty but still worried about the paint match. Wish me luck for some good repairs.......
That really sucks, I'm more worried about hail damage then other driver's on the road or my driving, it can be so unpredictable, everytime we get a bad storm here I hide it under the neighbor's house. Did you other than collision deductible on it? Good luck, paint matching today has gotten really good and considering they will be painting most of the car now.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

No kidding man our weather has been crazy the last two years. I got a place to hid my car at the house. If I get caught away form home well I guess I screwed. You must have really got hammered
Old 03-20-2012, 12:31 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear about that, I wish you the best of luck.

Back when I didn't have a garage to park in, I got worried whenever a big storm would hit. I actually watched my car get hit with light hail and actually considered laying on the hood and roof to protect it. Smarter idea probably would've been to grab thick blankets but I had none.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:45 PM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Did you check out paintless dent repair? They really can do some amazing repairs to hail damaged vehicles... for a lot less than getting it repaired at a collision center!
Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 PM
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Fortunately I have good insurance, State Farm, and only $100 deductible. I do need to come up with something to protect the Mustang as I have the Corvette, two motorcycles, and a rather large tool box in the garage, so the Mustang sits outside in the driveway. The Shop I went to does paintless dent repair, but they said there are so many dents that it is cheaper to just replace the hood, trunk lids, and panels.

I've never hail like this, I've heard of golf ball size hail, but I always thought that was just exageration....... Nope, it's real. I've seen it now. it actually did right at $10,000 in damage to the house, I have roofers coming tomorrow to tear off and replace my entire roof, gutters, facia siding, window screens, and then repaint the colums on the front porch.

I hope I never see Hail like that again.....
Old 03-20-2012, 01:08 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Yeah I have seen some cars that have the paintless dent repair done and it doesnt even look like they have been hit. You could also look into your insurance letting you mod the car with aftermarket body panels.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:51 PM
potman
3rd Gear Member

Fortunately I have good insurance, State Farm, and only $100 deductible. I do need to come up with something to protect the Mustang as I have the Corvette, two motorcycles, and a rather large tool box in the garage, so the Mustang sits outside in the driveway. The Shop I went to does paintless dent repair, but they said there are so many dents that it is cheaper to just replace the hood, trunk lids, and panels.

I've never hail like this, I've heard of golf ball size hail, but I always thought that was just exageration....... Nope, it's real. I've seen it now. it actually did right at $10,000 in damage to the house, I have roofers coming tomorrow to tear off and replace my entire roof, gutters, facia siding, window screens, and then repaint the colums on the front porch.

We had one of those hail storms last spring about this time. 3 - 4" stones. Sounded like someone lobbing bowling ***** on the roof.

Damage - about 8K to my wife's Buick, about 4K to my Tahoe and about 9K for a new roof.

We got the roof fixed and pocketed the cash on the cars. The Tahoe is too old to fix, the buick at 6 years old won't be worth the 8 grand in two years and it still drives great dents and all....

Honestly, it worked out pretty good as I was going to replace the roof in the next year or so anyways.

I have a one car garage and that's where the Mustang was.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Can you put up a car port to protect your Mustang? You could also try a really good thick car cover too.
I know how you feel about your Mustang sitting outside. I have a two door garage but it full of our business stuff. I do keep a car cover on my car and so far it has helped keep it looking new.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
Can you put up a car port to protect your Mustang? You could also try a really good thick car cover too.
I know how you feel about your Mustang sitting outside. I have a two door garage but it full of our business stuff. I do keep a car cover on my car and so far it has helped keep it looking new.
Our Neighborhood Association does not allow Car Ports, plus I would have to put it on the front of the house Which I do not want, so I am thinking a good padded Car Cover for inclement weather. Was actually thinking about one that can be stored in the trunk in case it's needed away from home. But necessity is the mother of invention, I may have to come up with a roll away car port that will roll into my garage over the vette and then just roll it out when needed. Hummmmmmm, that's not a bad idea I just had......

Quick Reply: Hail Damaged