Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 premium or not?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
billsteve

Default V6 premium or not?

is the Premium really worth the extra cash?

It seems the radio is the coolest upgrade, and I can get a sweet radio for $500, aftermarket, not $4k.

what do y'all think?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:17 PM
billsteve

Also, I really want to get the best deal, and I live down in San Diego, is there like a big get the best deal in the world place up in LA I can go to buy it?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

The Premium has some other nice features, such as the Mycolor and Leather interior. I really love my V6 Premium! I didn't care for the wheels so I upgraded those with some nice black bullets. Maybe you can get one with specific options and then add your own modifications later. Afterall, you WILL modify the car. :-)
Old 02-01-2012, 09:29 PM
billsteve

what is my color?
Old 02-02-2012, 03:29 PM
freyes
2nd Gear Member

Those that have the premium upgrade will tell you it's necessary. I looked at both and decided my money would be better spent on upgrades as well as lower monthly payments. I got the base model, and have changed just about everything that I didn't like for upgrades that I wanted, but did not have to settle for what Ford wanted to include.

I have the fog lights now, as well as custom fabricated HID headlights, and aftermarket cloth Corbeau LS1 seats, 2009 SVT leather steering wheel, FRPP track pack & adjustable panhard rod, Am Muscle wheels and tires, Strano brake upgrade kit, Procharger, etc. the list is endless. I cannot see paying for stuff I don't want just to get the few things I do want. I've got 2 years and 1 month before the car is paid off, and have enough left over to add mods every month.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

My 2010 Premium was pre-owned, and judging from what I paid, it seems as though the premium stuff was heavily discounted. Not sure if I'd add it if I was buying new.

I love having leather. My Touch Color gives you the option to change the color of the gauge background, as well as the footwell lighting, the side sill Mustang lettering, and the cup holder lighting.

Also, I think Sync is standard on the Premium...I could be wrong about that though.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
johngt10
2nd Gear Member

The base comes with none of that lol. I wasnt interested in the bells and whistles though. I already had plans to make the v8 sound nice so stereo wasnt needed and the two lights inside the car were plenty. In the end its what your looking for. Bells and whistles or a base car to modify.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:12 PM
SprintGeek
1st Gear Member

I like the premium junk on my 09, but i bought it used. On the used market it hardly affects the price.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Mycolor is for people that are add/adhd, I have yet to use it myself.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:25 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

It's a personal choice kind of thing. When I was looking into buying a mustang, a plain and simple need for me was going with the premium line, I wanted leather seats, I wanted a somewhat better stereo/sync combo, and I wanted the little things like mycolor that just stand out from the crowd.

So, is it worth the money? Maybe. I wanted to buy my car and not have to buy a whole bunch of things to install to make it as I wanted. I also like the fact that everything in the car looks stock, because it is stock.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: V6 premium or not?