Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

found a mustang whats your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 AM
snukers

Default found a mustang whats your thoughts?

if you remember my old thread saying i couldnt find a stick shift mustang awhile ago you will know im desperate for a mustang!!! the dealer found me the last remaining mustang from 2012 with a manual transmission but its red candy metallic. now me personally i hate red. what your guys thoughts on the color. does anyone have pictures of there red candy mustang?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 AM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

It really depends on the shade of the mustang. I mean I not wild about Red myself, but if you really wanted a manual then you go it. I could much more easily deal with a color I dont like then a transmission.

Why dont you start shopping used, does it have to be brand new. Dont be afraid to use the internet as well. You might find much better prices then what your getting what you are getting exactly what you want that way. It couldnt be that hard to go get one and drive it home.

Can you be satistified lol JK good luck with the search
Old 04-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

I went to a class on marketing & sales a couple years ago. The trainer said that 90% of red cars are purchased by females. The other 10% were purchased by smart males that wanted to attract females..........

I have not really been a fan of red cars, but I have owned 4 of them because I got good deals on them. The red kinda grows on you.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Thundersteel
2nd Gear Member

I'm not a fan of red, either. But my last two cars turned out to be red, because those are the only color I could find that had all the options I wanted. I don't like bright red, but metallic red isn't so bad.

Here's my '08 in Dark Candy Apple Red Metallic:

Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Old Mustanger
I went to a class on marketing & sales a couple years ago. The trainer said that 90% of red cars are purchased by females. The other 10% were purchased by smart males that wanted to attract females..........

I have not really been a fan of red cars, but I have owned 4 of them because I got good deals on them. The red kinda grows on you.
So they asked every one of those 10% males exactly why they were buying those cars, and what their intentions were (both personal and public) for buying that car?

That statistic sounds like pure crap lol.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
So they asked every one of those 10% males exactly why they were buying those cars, and what their intentions were (both personal and public) for buying that car?

That statistic sounds like pure crap lol.
Sales trainer humor, not intended to be a dead-accurate statistic.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

I'm not a red fan. But with the right accessories it's actually pretty sweet. I've seen them with black stripes, or even black hoods, that really changes the looks of the car.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Old Mustanger
3rd Gear Member

There ya go, a nice carbon fiber hood, that would be cool.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I personally love red, that being said I am a girl.
When I was looking for a Mustang I said 'I'll take any color, but the bright red with black side stripe.'
Yeah.... that is exactly what I ended up with and I LOVE it.

Whatever color you get it will grow on you with the right mods and color combos. That red metallic will really shine when its waxed too.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:13 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Old Mustanger
Sales trainer humor, not intended to be a dead-accurate statistic.
LOL, ok that makes more sense haha.

Hard to tell when someones being serious on the internet lol.

Quick Reply: found a mustang whats your thoughts?