Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Long Tube Header Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Long Tube Header Install

I'll be finally installing my MAC LTs (TF2405) & Prochamber this weekend along with upgrading to duals. After talking to a buddy regarding my plans he told me I shouldn't re-install the EGR tube and that I should plug the holes. I did some searching and see that this is a common practice on older model stangs, but I haven't found much regarding a 4.0L S197 v6. Can someone point out to me what needs to be done, or if this is even worth doing? I currently live in KY and here you gte the car inspected once during the entire time it resides in the state and there is also no emmissions testing. However, if I move I'm sure that won't be the case. So what I'm trying to figure out is if removing it is even worth the trouble of removing it only to have to install it later.

BTW....After my headers/exhaust upgrade is done within the next month or so I'll be adding my P1SC that's been sitting in my garage for a year..I just wanted to add that in case it makes a difference or not.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
jockatp
1st Gear Member

I was debating the same thing. I have the pace setter long tube headers and my EGR pipe wasnt connecting to the headers. I did some research and found that it's somewhat pointless to do an EGR delete unless you're going with FI. But theres no harm in going either route. But if you do an EGR delete, you'll have to get the car re tuned or else the check engine light will pop up.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jockatp
I was debating the same thing. I have the pace setter long tube headers and my EGR pipe wasnt connecting to the headers. I did some research and found that it's somewhat pointless to do an EGR delete unless you're going with FI. But theres no harm in going either route. But if you do an EGR delete, you'll have to get the car re tuned or else the check engine light will pop up.
Thanks for the heads up. I got mine to go in properly. I will be installing my Procharger at some point, but I also found out what you fouind out. It is really pointless to do an EGR delete. I was also told you could also just turn it off in a tune as well. Good luck with your install...mine was a bitch!