Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help! Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 PM
conor1148
2nd Gear Member

well if no one is making it now.. why don't we all email one company and see if they might do a run of them or something?

I don't know if that'd work, but it's worth a try, no?
Old 07-05-2012, 10:14 AM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

I had to replace my t-stat protector last September. I'm surprised the thing lasted 4 years knowing that they are made out of plastic. I think my dad told me that European car manufacturers make their t-stat housing out of metal. If this is true, I don't know why Ford or other American car makers haven't caught up yet when it comes to this issue.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Garribaldi

you would think they would have caught on. Same argument can be made for the expansion tank cap. It's a cheap piece of plastic. Would it have killed them to make something that holds up over time a bit better?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Garribaldi
you would think they would have caught on. Same argument can be made for the expansion tank cap. It's a cheap piece of plastic. Would it have killed them to make something that holds up over time a bit better?
Techs make a living out of cars. There's a reason why things are suppose to break at a certain mileage. It's call business. :P
These new cars last longer than you could expect. Quit your bitching and just fix it. Nothing is suppose to be perfect. if you want a perfect car, then start changing every part in your car. Think of it as a anti virus protection. Who creates those viruses? :P
You get what you pay for. :P
Old 07-06-2012, 09:47 PM
flyhigh@mach1
2nd Gear Member

Most small car radiators are half plastic. I believe the way the thermo housing is fused together is at fault, not the materials. Mine went at 60k and it went in style! Water flowing out like a fire hydrant!

Last edited by flyhigh@mach1; 07-06-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Garribaldi

Originally Posted by zanypunk
Techs make a living out of cars. There's a reason why things are suppose to break at a certain mileage. It's call business. :P
These new cars last longer than you could expect. Quit your bitching and just fix it. Nothing is suppose to be perfect. if you want a perfect car, then start changing every part in your car. Think of it as a anti virus protection. Who creates those viruses? :P
You get what you pay for. :P
Nobody is bitching, but you're making excuses for what is essentially planned part failure. Independent technicians don't make these parts, so it has nothing to do with them, and I doubt Ford cares too much how well business is going for them.

While it's easy for you or I or someone else on this board to identify or correct a problem like this on our own, not everyone is able to do so and shouldn't have their wallet punished for it!

FWIW, most viruses can be avoided simply by staying away from **** sites
Old 07-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Garribaldi

Originally Posted by flyhigh@mach1
Most small car radiators are half plastic. I believe the way the thermo housing is fused together is at fault, not the materials. Mine went at 60k and it went in style! Water flowing out like a fire hydrant!
Haha, mine did too. Pulled it into the garage, shut the car off.....sounded like niagra falls underneath my car. Quite the scene to watch it pouring out!