Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Won Best of Show and $500 so bought a Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:52 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Default Won Best of Show and $500 so bought a Tuner

Like the title said I won Best of show and 500 bucks at a carshow with my V6 crazy right? Im putting the money to good use I ordered a SCT tuner from American Muscle with 3 free tunes from BAMA. My 2005 automatic is fairly stock with the exeption of having 18" wheels, Magnaflow Dual catbacks and I recently bought a Tunable Induction CAI 77mm which requires a tune. Its just sitting in a box in my room until I get the tuner. The tunes I ordered were 87 street, 91 performance and 91 Race what should I expect? I have heard that its a considerable upgrade and adds the headjerking tire chirping seat of the pants effect but have also heard people say they hardly noticed a difference. since I won the money Im not really out anything so did I do the right thing or could my prize money have been better spent?
Old 06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
teepee542
2nd Gear Member

congrats on the win. not so crazy, it's a good looking car. I'll be interested to see how you feel the performance difference is. A CAI/Tune and duals are in the future for my 4.0 as well.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:30 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

"I felt kind of bad that more cars didnt attend because it benifitted a worth while cause the Ronald McDonald House." Your quote from another post regarding this show.

So yeah your money could have been better spent if you donated all or part of it back to the charity. Pretty common practice with 50/50 drawings at large events.

I doubt based on the turn out the charity got much money, hopefully it will be better for them next time.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:00 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vbstang13
"I felt kind of bad that more cars didnt attend because it benifitted a worth while cause the Ronald McDonald House." Your quote from another post regarding this show.

So yeah your money could have been better spent if you donated all or part of it back to the charity. Pretty common practice with 50/50 drawings at large events.

I doubt based on the turn out the charity got much money, hopefully it will be better for them next time.
I did consider donating part of the money in a way I did it was 30 bucks to enter the show and 10 for the 50/50 and the prize money and prizes were donated. Honestly I may do well enough to own a nice 8 year old mustang but I make payments on it and live paycheck to paycheck so 500 bucks is kindof a big deal for me Ive really been wanting a tuner for a while but responsibility bills kids come first. Your right the money would have been better spent by donating it but I just couldnt do it.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I'm sure you'll love the tune. Is your Stang an auto?
I've heard it really helps the shift points on the auto and just makes it more enjoyable.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:45 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

Yes Tanner its an auto and quicker shifts definatly sound good to me
Old 06-19-2012, 07:00 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Saw your post the other day and almost asked what mods the 500 bucks was going to buy. Congrats on the win. Enjoy it, don't let the size of the show or the other guys get you down. A win's a win. And 500 bucks is still a lot of money (at least I think so). When you're a big success in ten years, you can donate it back, but for now have some fun with it.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:41 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

congrats on the win.. hey, 500 bucks is awesome.. spend it like you want and dont feel bad.. you entered the car show and paid money not expecting anything in return..

i've won 2nd and 3rd in car shows..never first... so be proud and do your thing!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:15 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

thanks guys I dont feel bad about winning and keeping the money because I have never won anything before and I have always had to work overtimes to do any mods. that said I do hope that next years event has a much larger turnout to help benifit the Ronald McDonald house. When I get to the point in my life where I can afford both a Saleen and a Boss I will most definately give all my winnings away to charity for now I 'll help out in ways I can.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05MineralGrayV6
thanks guys I dont feel bad about winning and keeping the money because I have never won anything before and I have always had to work overtimes to do any mods. that said I do hope that next years event has a much larger turnout to help benifit the Ronald McDonald house. When I get to the point in my life where I can afford both a Saleen and a Boss I will most definately give all my winnings away to charity for now I 'll help out in ways I can.
Wow! I was not critisizing you, if you don't want answers to a question you asked; don't ask it.

Quick Reply: Won Best of Show and $500 so bought a Tuner