Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

upcoming turbocharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 02:29 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: upcoming turbocharger

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI
Btw, I picked up the two items you spoke about: NXT Tech Wax and Speed Detailer. I'll get to it later this afternoon, but before I do, are there any tips you can pass on?
No real tips.. just let the tech wax dry to a haze... it wipes off really easily. Speed detailer... just spray it on and wipe it off
Oh boy, my stang is slippery smooth.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:15 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Spartan... Nice!! [sm=happy046.gif]
Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Spartan... Nice!! [sm=happy046.gif]
Saw a GT on the freeway today with the same maroon-ish color as you. Man that color really shines!

Anyhow, finally snatched my sister's digital cam:

So perty.. no where near yours, but perty.. [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 09-26-2005, 10:22 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Beautiful!! [sm=smiley32.gif]
Old 09-30-2005, 07:57 PM
PATDOGG

Turbo = lag low end. You also have to tap the oil pan for a frigin oil feed line to lube the turbo. Worry about turbo failure and replacement, believe me i've been there done that and it sucks on my other cars.

Your best bet with these v6's is the Procharger supercharger. It has it's own oil supply no oil line tap is required into the oil pan. It gives you that low end hp and the hp increases it gives is in a great range as to not cause any internal damage with the stock internals.

The only downside I can see is that it might be a slight bit more expensive then a turbo setup.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:24 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PATDOGG

Turbo = lag low end. You also have to tap the oil pan for a frigin oil feed line to lube the turbo. Worry about turbo failure and replacement, believe me i've been there done that and it sucks on my other cars.

Your best bet with these v6's is the Procharger supercharger. It has it's own oil supply no oil line tap is required into the oil pan. It gives you that low end hp and the hp increases it gives is in a great range as to not cause any internal damage with the stock internals.

The only downside I can see is that it might be a slight bit more expensive then a turbo setup.

Procharger S/C = centrifugal s/c = not much boost until 4000+RMP... That's not waht I call low end HP... basically the same as a turbo... except turbo is exhaust driven while s/c is belt driving.

If you want low end HP you need to go to a roots / twin screw blower... Explorer Express will becoming out with an Eaton unit.... 70% of boost at less than 2000RPM.

You can damage the internals of any engine with any s/c, turbo or even N/A... all you need is a bad tune... or some bad gas...

Personal opinion..... Yes, the procharger has it's own oil supply, which means more maintenance... Also I've seen number reports of these self contained units leaking... and then having a hard time getting them fixed under warranty...