Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

SR Performance Springs and CD-Slotted Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 01:51 PM
4.0 $tang
2nd Gear Member

Default SR Performance Springs and CD-Slotted Rotors

I purchased these springs from American Muscle, they claim to have a 1.5" drop all around. They seem to have very similar spec to the Ford Racing K springs. Being from AM i knew they are good quality.

I installed the front springs yesterday morning. It was a pretty straight forward install, only special tools needed are a coil spring compressor and a brake caliper tool. This is my first attempt at a brake job and spring installation, so it took me a bit longer to do because, i wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything and all bolts were re-torqued to spec.
Some images from the install, and will post more pictures from the rear spring install

Spring Installed!

Empty!

Damn I need some rims to really show off them!
Old 07-26-2012, 03:40 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4.0 $tang
I purchased these springs from American Muscle, they claim to have a 1.5" drop all around. They seem to have very similar spec to the Ford Racing K springs. Being from AM i knew they are good quality.

I installed the front springs yesterday morning. It was a pretty straight forward install, only special tools needed are a coil spring compressor and a brake caliper tool. This is my first attempt at a brake job and spring installation, so it took me a bit longer to do because, i wanted to make sure i didn't miss anything and all bolts were re-torqued to spec.
Some images from the install, and will post more pictures from the rear spring install

Spring Installed!
4.0 $stang,

Great choice, the SR springs are our newest suspension component & have great reviews so far! The Drilled & Slotted rotors also look great, they are very important IMO. I feel that the only thing the mustang lacked was the breaking & this fixes that problem!

Post up a pic of the whole car, we'd love to check it out!

Thanks for compliment & shopping with AM, we greatly appreciate the business!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future!

- Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 07-26-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:41 PM
4.0 $tang
2nd Gear Member

Well we had a pretty bad rain storm with Tornado warnings, so i dropped of the car to a friends shop to have the rear springs, calipers and pads installed....No install pics, but i will post up some pictures after the rain subsides tomorrow.