Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Color Dilemma!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 06:18 PM
MustangScott
1st Gear Member

Default Color Dilemma!

Okay, I have a silver car, and i realize, theres not much you can do detail-wise to set that color off. Chrome blends in. Black works, but theres only so much black you can add. I'm planning on getting the Roush kit and i'd like a new color for the thing. I'm trying to find a non tacky eyegrabber. (i dont like yellow and green...hehe) I was thinking maybe the mustang electric blue with like red sparkles. Or a chamelean the has primarily silver and fades to red or blue..(but thats way expensive) Or just some color that wouldnt have me going crazy...(aka if i got black, i would go nuts wiping it every hour) Any color ideas/ color schemes?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Color Dilemma!

Be different. Get dark grey metallic stripes. IMO that would look sweet.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:03 AM
wbauer56

You know I got the silver with the black Mustang stripes along the side bottom, and really like it. I thought about additions but now don't see why... I stayed away from the reds and yellows and even blues because there are so many of them on the road. Also back in my younger early 70's, party days I hung around with a guy with a silver '71 or '72 Mach1 and loved the color. This one looked like taking that car, and pushing it in on both ends to make it shorter, and a lot lighter on the gas. So I guess I kind of wanted to stay a bit retro, yet hang on to that last bit of family man practicality. And lo and behold I saw three or four silver ones already... But most of them did not have any stripes, and that looked kind of bland. So I guess it's hard to be different. And that color is still on about one to every 10 red cars!

But my point is that it is a very neutral, but kind of retro color. You will find a lot of people who like it for not standing out in the crowd because of it's color, but standing out because of what it is. I love it, but then I also had a Mandarin Orange Ranger that I loved and gave my son when he graduated college.

Just do a bit of striping, but not too much, just to kind of make it your own. And just maybe you won't see too many people with the same one! Do just enough to make it a bit of your own style.. Remember it is still a Mustang and you will see a zillion of them on the road over time...

I'm one of those guys who spent many years wanting to own a Mustang, and after many years of the "family time" finally got one... Yes, I drove the pickups, small cars, and the infamous minivans. But I stayed a bit on the mellow side, both in color and power... To get a little bit better mileage, blend in with the crowd, but still feel I can give it a kick and it will respond once in awhile. Maybe it's that last bit of practicality... When I want to feel like I have a muscle car I just go take my wife's mini-van out and then drive my pony...

How about that? A dark blue Chrysler Town & Country!!!

In conclusion - Have fun with it.... It's a good car, and a great engine.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:02 PM
MustangScott
1st Gear Member

I no longer have a dilemma. I'm looking at the Cervinis eleanor kit, and the stage 3 roush kit....I'm gonna make me a Rouleanor. I dont want side exhaust...it looks cool...but no. So i'm gonna go with eleanor hood front fascia, and roush rear fascia, and 3dcarbon fender flares. I'm looking for a good sideskirt now. Who cares what color it is. Put some verticle doors on it. . . and BAM you have your eyes! Hehe. Any critique on that idea?

www.cervinis.com
www.stage3motorsports.com