Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Did you "Settle" on your Mustang?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:29 PM
sanctionedstang

No, it was exactly the opposite for me. For 3 years I was looking around at a couple v6 mustangs 05-09 with around 50k miles on it. Then I secured a job (being only 18 at the time) and extended my range. I was hoping to find a GT with somewhere under 75k miles bone stock. I would have been happy with auto or manual and completely base. Then I found my current 05 GT manual and fell in love. It had 28k miles, upgraded trim, shaker 500, MyColor gauges, Catback magnaflow exhaust, C&L CAI, tuner, and lowering springs. It had the first 4 upgrades I would have purchased and the GT was a steal. Got the car at only $15.8k

Driving a Mustang doesn't get you from point A to B, it provides an experience each time you sit behind the wheel.

People ask me "Why did you buy a manual?" "Simple, I still believe in a firm handshake."
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 PM
TwentyThirteen
1st Gear Member

Kinda. I was set on ordering a Gotta Have It Green with the performance package, but then my dad found a couple good deals in Fort Mill that we went to look at. I was offered a white base with sync that I almost bought until my sales guy pulled around a silver base that was below invoice. I had thought the silver was my least favorite color offered until I saw it in person. I instantly preferred it to the white, which is now my least favorite color offered. My parent's offered to pay the difference for the sync, considering it a "safety feature" for the bluetooth and hands free control of my iPod, but I just wanted my mustang and liked the silver better. Drove away with it immediately. I'm a pretty impulsive buyer.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:31 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sanctionedstang
No, it was exactly the opposite for me. For 3 years I was looking around at a couple v6 mustangs 05-09 with around 50k miles on it. Then I secured a job (being only 18 at the time) and extended my range. I was hoping to find a GT with somewhere under 75k miles bone stock. I would have been happy with auto or manual and completely base. Then I found my current 05 GT manual and fell in love. It had 28k miles, upgraded trim, shaker 500, MyColor gauges, Catback magnaflow exhaust, C&L CAI, tuner, and lowering springs. It had the first 4 upgrades I would have purchased and the GT was a steal. Got the car at only $15.8k

Driving a Mustang doesn't get you from point A to B, it provides an experience each time you sit behind the wheel.

People ask me "Why did you buy a manual?" "Simple, I still believe in a firm handshake."
Wow, you got a great deal!! Congrats!!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:19 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't say I settled, but I did make one small adjustment in my build.

I had only 2 "requirements" for the car, and got them both. 6-speed manual transmission, and CS package because I like the front better.

I toyed with Navigation, and the Glass roof - but really didn't care one way or the other if it didn't have them.

I would have preferred the Candy red, but you can't get it with the CS package.

The second color choice was Deep Impact Blue, but none were to be found at the time.

I went with my 3rd color choice of Black. SSSSOOOO technically I settled on color.

I have a Black, 6-speed GT Premium with the CS package, and a blank slate for unreal modding - both cosmetically and mechanically. I settled for a bad *** ride that gets drools everywhere I go.

If I had bought a Camaro - I would have settled...
Old 10-04-2012, 05:40 AM
armyjared
1st Gear Member

No i didn't settle I got what i could afford lol...and all the options I wanted in my opinion. Traded a gas hog of truck in for it lol
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

I settled on mine in the sense that, I totalled by 02 GT vert on some ice. It was paid off and had nothing wrong with it. I was about to go mod crazy..lol

Instead, I got a 5k check from Geico in my hands and nothing but a rental to drive. I could have bought another 02 for cheap but, who knows what problems I would be inheriting. So, I knew I didn't want a 10 or higher cause I don't like the body style. Figured I would just go ***** out and find exactly what I wanted, no matter where it was or what it cost (withing reason, Im not rich.. it couldn't be more than a new base 12 gt I guess) Ended up with what you see in my sig. Had to drive down to SC to get it and couldn't be happier. I would have preferred black interior instead of gray but, there are only 12 of my car made and all 12 have grey interior.. so I didn't have a choice.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:09 PM
tchs22
1st Gear Member

I saw this thread and really started asking myself if I did or not. And I have to say I got exactly what I wanted. A base 2012 v6. Nothing fancy. Sure there are a lot of em around here but the reason I went with a base model was so I could turn the car into what I wanted it to look like and drive like. Just as I did with my 2002. So far the plan is working! But I won't be done working on it anytime soon. And when I feel I can go no further with mods, means time to get a new toy haha
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Nope I didn't settle. I ordered what I wanted. Only wish I could have gotten track apps with the base interior.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

wotever one i bought it had to be mint..found a mint v6 with on 10k miles and bought it..no regrets at all..love it.so does the wife...