Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HP gains with Flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Hurricane Stang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: HP gains with Flowmaster

yea i always thought it was like 19% on most cars just seems like a lot to lose when you are only working with 210 to begin with...but i guess when you see most cars on tv that say the new 190 hp or whatever car you have to actually negate that horsepower and then say ok well if i ever come to that car stock i can still smoke it , anyways i am interested in getting the SCT X-Cal2 now and was wondering if it is a hard install or not and if anyone with it can give me a good review on it, i don't want a website review i want a personal review
Old 09-30-2005, 05:05 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hurricane Stang

yea i always thought it was like 19% on most cars just seems like a lot to lose when you are only working with 210 to begin with...but i guess when you see most cars on tv that say the new 190 hp or whatever car you have to actually negate that horsepower and then say ok well if i ever come to that car stock i can still smoke it , anyways i am interested in getting the SCT X-Cal2 now and was wondering if it is a hard install or not and if anyone with it can give me a good review on it, i don't want a website review i want a personal review
The X-Cal2 is a must have mod for our cars... this is doubly true if you have an automatic (which I do). But even on a manual tranny the X-Cal2 will make a big difference... The X-Cal2 will also come in handy later on when you make more mods... and while you may never need to do any datalogging it is certainly a very cool feature...

To load a "tune" into your car you simply plug the X-Cal2 into your ODB-II port which is located underneath the dash, on the fron edge actually, just left of the steering wheel... it's a pretty good size plug... You plug in the X-Cal2 and then follow the on-screen (LCD) directions... it's that easy!!! You have to take your car in for service... you simply connect the X-Cal2 and goto "Return to Stock"...

If you can only do one mod... do the X-Cal2...

Ok now for some real data. Here is a dyno graph of a 05 V6 Automatic... completely stock... right from the dealer... The red lines are stock (before) and the blue lines are with a tune (after).

Now, I orginaly purchase my X-Cal2 off the internet... was very happy... Then I found out that Lidio from Alternative Auto was doing V6's!!! Do a quick google on Lidio and Alternative and you'll see he is one of the best Mustang guys PERIOD! He's been building fast Fords for long time... I went to Lidio's shop and bought another set of tune from him... The difference was amazing!!! Lidio's tune was just so more complete... And the proof.... Lidio's 89 octane tune shave .25 off my 0-60 time vs the 93 octane tune i was running!

So check them out at Alternative Auto

Lidio has been a super guy.. and is really excited out our V6s... He's done a great job in gettin me where I am now... 253RWHP/358RWTQ!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Hurricane Stang
1st Gear Member

what else do you have done to your mustang for that kind of HP this month is definately a no for the xcal2 because with the hurricane i have a lot of credit card bills that are unpaid. but maybe next month. i will have to wait and see but this will def. come in handy...i don't know where my hp stands as is, i only have flowmasters and someone above said i am prob. around 170 so i guess only a dyno would show but have to wait until i get the xcal2 btw if lidio isn't in Houston which i don't think he is can u purchase his tuning with the xcal2?
Old 09-30-2005, 05:41 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

what else do you have done to your mustang for that kind of HP this month is definately a no for the xcal2 because with the hurricane i have a lot of credit card bills that are unpaid. but maybe next month. i will have to wait and see but this will def. come in handy...i don't know where my hp stands as is, i only have flowmasters and someone above said i am prob. around 170 so i guess only a dyno would show but have to wait until i get the xcal2 btw if lidio isn't in BR which i don't think he is can u purchase his tuning with the xcal2?
You should be around 180RWHP or so with the flowmasters...

I've got an MMR CAI, Magnaflow single axle-back, 4:10 gears (with track-lock) and 100HP shot of Nitrous from my Zex kit.... hehehehe...

I'm not sure what BR is... so I'm not sure what you mean... You can buy an X-Cal2 from him with his tunes already on it... If you already have an X-Cal2 you can still buy tunes from him...

Here's his V6 info: V6 Info
Old 09-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Hurricane Stang
1st Gear Member

i meant Houston, sorry i still think im In LA. and if so that shoulda been N.O. Anyways hehe
Old 09-30-2005, 05:50 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

i meant Houston, sorry i still think im In LA. and if so that shoulda been N.O. Anyways hehe
ok.. so you just call them up... tell them what you want... If you have any questions, just ask for Lidio... You'll probably have to leave a message but he'll return your call... Place your order and they ship it to you...
Old 09-30-2005, 07:43 PM
PATDOGG

The cheapest thing to do.

1. Get a set of GT take off mufflers, they flow plenty for our hp and sound pretty good too.

2. Take them to a muffler shop and have them weld in a true dual set up. Takes about an hour or so.

3. Your car will pull like a mo'fo'. There was a very huge noticeable difference after I had mine done. Upper rpms especially. Third and fourth while cruising have a lot more low end also.

I bought a rear GT bumper and installed it and the right muffler myself. The muffler shop just cut off a vibration bracket off the stock pipe about mid way up, then made a cut on the left side behing the cut, then ran new piping from there back exactly how the right side is made. I even had them make the muffler able to take on and off on the left side so in the future after i do further upgrades, i can then go to a more expensive better sounding muffler when more products come available. I believe the stock GT mufflers are good up to like 425-450 hp so really that's all you need if you are on a budget like me and looking for cheap horsepower. Your money can be put to better use than paying jba or dynomax 200 for piping that is dirt cheap.

I bought my used mufflers for 50 bucks off ebay.

Paid muffler shop 130 dollars to build my TRUE dual set up that i am extrememly happy with.

As far as the GT bumper you don't have to do that, you can make a pattern and cut the bumper for your left tip.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:27 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PATDOGG

The cheapest thing to do.

1. Get a set of GT take off mufflers, they flow plenty for our hp and sound pretty good too.

2. Take them to a muffler shop and have them weld in a true dual set up. Takes about an hour or so.

3. Your car will pull like a mo'fo'. There was a very huge noticeable difference after I had mine done. Upper rpms especially. Third and fourth while cruising have a lot more low end also.

I bought a rear GT bumper and installed it and the right muffler myself. The muffler shop just cut off a vibration bracket off the stock pipe about mid way up, then made a cut on the left side behing the cut, then ran new piping from there back exactly how the right side is made. I even had them make the muffler able to take on and off on the left side so in the future after i do further upgrades, i can then go to a more expensive better sounding muffler when more products come available. I believe the stock GT mufflers are good up to like 425-450 hp so really that's all you need if you are on a budget like me and looking for cheap horsepower. Your money can be put to better use than paying jba or dynomax 200 for piping that is dirt cheap.

I bought my used mufflers for 50 bucks off ebay.

Paid muffler shop 130 dollars to build my TRUE dual set up that i am extrememly happy with.

As far as the GT bumper you don't have to do that, you can make a pattern and cut the bumper for your left tip.
The problem is you can add all the bolt-ons you want... but unless you pick up a tuner the cars computer will constantly try and limit the amount of torque the drive line sees....
Old 10-01-2005, 02:49 PM
PATDOGG

Agreed. Just commenting on the original thread. He could have saved money by not getting flowmasters and a cheapers exhaust set up done and bought the tuner with the extra dinero
Old 10-03-2005, 11:34 AM
Hurricane Stang
1st Gear Member

the reason i got the flows is because we sat down with an aftermarkets parts salesman at ford...so since my parents were with me to cosign it was easier, because they are totally againts me myself modding the car...as long as a professional is doing it they have no prob. with it thats why i got the flowmasters but then again i coulda bought some and had a professional do it. but it was just easier to put it on my financing bill and pay for it over time...btw how much HP will i gain with the xcal2 if its not 20 or more i don't know if i wanna spend 400 dollars you know i might still buy it but it would be worth it nowing i could gain 20 hp if not i might just buy the diablo kit

Quick Reply: HP gains with Flowmaster