Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What's the catch? Magnaflow dualies

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:21 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default What's the catch? Magnaflow dualies

Ready to spend some of Walmart's cash on a dual exhaust system and I'm running around looking for retailers. Here's what I've found..

Ok, there's this site: BrothersPerformance

Has the dualies for about $480 + 4% ($19.20) + $6.95 handling + CA sales tax (about 8%) = ~$556.00

Then there's: LMPerformance

Has the dualies for about $580 + $40 shipping + CA sales tax = ~$680

What's the deal? Can anyone vouche for brothersperfomance?

Can anyone recommend a solid/better retailer? Or even a better exhaust system to go with?

Any help will be repaid in kudos. And if helpful enough- a siggy by yours truly. (hamidlmt, this is where you come in)

Thanks.

[edit] Miskeyed $556, not $456
Old 09-29-2005, 12:30 AM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What's the catch? Magnaflow dualies

I've seen a guy on ebay selling the magnaflow systems for around 450$ and free shipping. He only does a 3 day auction on the weekend though. That would be the best price if your looking to get magnaflows.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm
$469
Old 09-29-2005, 12:51 AM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

jimp, you have to pay shipping and tax on the v6mustangstuff.com site (mine came out to $559.38). The guy on ebay (fastmustangparts.com) sells them for $450 and free shipping on the weekends. I have not bought anything from this guy before, but that seems like a pretty good deal. I have contacted him a few times and he responds well to emails and has 100% feedback.

PS. Why is your pic so big?? It's a nice lookin' mustang, but it's takin' up my whole screen!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:32 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Already ordered from MagnaflowExpress

$479.17 no tax and free shipping (FedEx).
Old 09-29-2005, 11:06 AM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

I got mine here... $379(still on sale) + shipping (about 20-30$ - I can't remember ) They look and sound GREAT!! You'll love em - Have fun.....

They took about 800+ miles before they started to sound broken in and sound much better now than they did even then.

http://www.completeexhaust.com/produ...oducts_id=1467
Old 09-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Shuggy

ORIGINAL: screaminyellin6

I got mine here... $379(still on sale) + shipping (about 20-30$ - I can't remember ) They look and sound GREAT!! You'll love em - Have fun.....

They took about 800+ miles before they started to sound broken in and sound much better now than they did even then.
Say they were 479 on the website :P ..... so I called and you are right they are on sale for 379.00

I have a few questions though...
1. Does it tone down or lose completely the minor high end rev vibration?
2. Is the sound deeper and throaty without going over the top?
3. What kind of gain in RWHP (5-10)?

I imagine they would fit the same on my 2006

Thanks in adavnce.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:17 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

1/2 it goes down a little deeper. The vibration or droning is not really a factor with these, and thats why I chose these instead of the Flowmasters. I really needed something I could cruise with on the freeway at 70+ and not come out of the car tone deaf and shaking.... They have a really great sound when you hammer them, not as deep as the 8's make, but sounds great to me.

3. h/p gain - Actually it feels smoother throughtout, It actually doesn;t feel as choppy as the stock when accelerating . It does feel like a little more h/p , but not dramatic. It's more of the dual look, than for the pure performance increase.

Install was a bit tricky on the driver side and i need to have the bracket cut down a little b/c it was to close to the spare tire enclosure and was making it rattle... just bent and cut and no problem since.

I am not much into ricey muff's so I was scared these would sound somewhat like it. But they really have a nice deeper tone and you can still have a conversation or talk on your cell while doing highway speeds. Trust me - you'll love them....

Now you have gotten the itch, get your wallet ready... lol. That's just the beginning.... I'm dropping some more $$ this weekend on more mod's and my wife is gettin jealous I'll post my pic's this weekend and you can check out the exhaust.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:13 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

I went ahead and did it!! I ordered my Mangnaflow dual exhaust from that guy on ebay (fastmustangparts.com). I got it for only $420!! Now I have to find out how I'm gonna hang the drivers side muffler. How do I go about doing that? Go to the dealer and get some hangers?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:23 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: screaminyellin6

1/2 it goes down a little deeper. The vibration or droning is not really a factor with these, and thats why I chose these instead of the Flowmasters. I really needed something I could cruise with on the freeway at 70+ and not come out of the car tone deaf and shaking.... They have a really great sound when you hammer them, not as deep as the 8's make, but sounds great to me.

3. h/p gain - Actually it feels smoother throughtout, It actually doesn;t feel as choppy as the stock when accelerating . It does feel like a little more h/p , but not dramatic. It's more of the dual look, than for the pure performance increase.

Install was a bit tricky on the driver side and i need to have the bracket cut down a little b/c it was to close to the spare tire enclosure and was making it rattle... just bent and cut and no problem since.

I am not much into ricey muff's so I was scared these would sound somewhat like it. But they really have a nice deeper tone and you can still have a conversation or talk on your cell while doing highway speeds. Trust me - you'll love them....

Now you have gotten the itch, get your wallet ready... lol. That's just the beginning.... I'm dropping some more $$ this weekend on more mod's and my wife is gettin jealous I'll post my pic's this weekend and you can check out the exhaust.
Now you got me all excited.

As usual, I spend too much. But at least I found the retailer and saved $100's (screw LMP and Bros.) and only lost $50-$60 (still, that's a air filter... [:@]).

Anyway, how do the tips look? You have any pictures?

Quick Reply: What's the catch? Magnaflow dualies