Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rear end swap gone bad...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Topless Stang
Yeah that guy was a douche lol....tomorrow brought a very bouncy ride lol. Hopefully those springs settle down. other than that it was great. I need to pick up a large wrench today so i can properly adjust my panhard rod. The rear tire on the driver side pokes out a bit further than the other side, so I should be able to fix that without issue.

I'm moving in 30 days. After that I'm going to get it aligned and properly tuned. I can't afford to do any of that stuff prior to the move though. My install weekend was done now so I didn't have to move all of those parts for the 4th time lol. All thats left of my pallet 'o parts are new lights. I'm keeping all of that boxed up until I swap in my new front & rear bumpers. I already have a GT500 rear bumper & I'm going to pick up a Roush front bumper in August along with a GTS-4 hood. I hope to finally be done with the larger mods this year. Getting that supercharger in along with these suspension upgrades was the hardest part of my planned mods. The rest of the stuff I have planned should be relatively simple.
Go to tractor supply. They sell cheap chinese wrenches in large sizes. I think it's 1 1/8 for the jam nuts, but don't quote me on that. I actually bought a large wrench from tractor supply and cut it in half to make a stubby wrench to adjust my upper control arm. No sense spending crazy money on craftsman for something like that.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by moosestang
Go to tractor supply. They sell cheap chinese wrenches in large sizes. I think it's 1 1/8 for the jam nuts, but don't quote me on that. I actually bought a large wrench from tractor supply and cut it in half to make a stubby wrench to adjust my upper control arm. No sense spending crazy money on craftsman for something like that.

Sounds like a plan. I usually go to Harbor Freight for the cheapie stuff, but during this install I just ran up to Autozone or Advance Auto...but getting individual wrenches from there at $9 a pop got expensive, but the quality was much better than the stuff at Harbor Freight. I'll see if I have a tractor supply near here, I know we have a Rural King by me or something like that.