Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Best gains

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Basil

Default Best gains

Well, I decided to not get a GT, and decided to spend the money on a V6 mustang. I have some research to do though. For around 1000, what can I get as in mods (bolt ons) that can make the car more comparable to faster cars.

Also, if the dealer installs it, does it void the warrenty for buying, or leasing?
Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Best gains

I would get dual exhaust, cold air intake, and a new tune. However this will run you a little more than a thousand dollars. Or you could just save up and get a supercharger or turbo.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:37 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MHShockey30

I would get dual exhaust, cold air intake, and a new tune. However this will run you a little more than a thousand dollars. Or you could just save up and get a supercharger or turbo.
At this level duals are really not a benefit powerwise... with the $1000 budget he'ld be better off with just a single axle back exhaust... I like my Magnaflow but it's more pricey.... I've heard good things about the JBA single axle-back..

First thing I would pick up is an SCT X-Cal2... it's a must have Mod for the V6s.. LOL!

CAI will help your higher RPMs... I would recommend you get a CAI matched with Tuner... Most companys claim their CAI for the V6 don't require a tune... Even though they say this I would still get the tune... I have the MMR CAI, which MMR claims doesn't need a tune... long story but it was basically making my car run lean... though it wasn't causing a CEL...

So with a CAI, new muffler and X-Cal2 you should be able to get into the high 14s... and should be well with in your budget
Old 10-07-2005, 04:31 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

I agree with scrming. You can also look for a muffler on ebay. Every now and then GT owners are selling off they're mufflers for around $50. You can use one and save the other one for when you decide to go dual.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Wow.. now THAT is impressive.... definately!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:50 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Nitrous kit and a good custom tune should come in right around a grand...

And it will be the best upgrade you can do for the cheap
Old 10-07-2005, 06:50 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

Nitrous kit and a good custom tune should come in right around a grand...

And it will be the best upgrade you can do for the cheap
Base Zex kit is about $600. You'll need a good tune... $400... With the open diff and stock tires I'm guessing you can make some impressive one wheeled burnouts! LOL! Of course you'll want/need some Zex accessories... About another $300 for the racers package...

Old 10-07-2005, 08:57 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming
Base Zex kit is about $600. You'll need a good tune... $400... With the open diff and stock tires I'm guessing you can make some impressive one wheeled burnouts! LOL! Of course you'll want/need some Zex accessories... About another $300 for the racers package...
I didn't say it was a good idea, but if you were only ever going to spend a grand on your car, and you wanted the most improvement you could get, nitrous would be the way to go.

Now, if they were just starting this with a grand, and planned to put more into it as time goes on, I would suggest a completely different approach. I'd start with gears and trak-loc, and a retune/tuner, but that alone would put you real close to a grand.

IMPRESSIVE ONE WHEELED BUROUTS RULE!!!![sm=lame.gif]
Old 10-07-2005, 09:10 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StupidTodd

ORIGINAL: scrming
I didn't say it was a good idea, but if you were only ever going to spend a grand on your car, and you wanted the most improvement you could get, nitrous would be the way to go.

Now, if they were just starting this with a grand, and planned to put more into it as time goes on, I would suggest a completely different approach. I'd start with gears and trak-loc, and a retune/tuner, but that alone would put you real close to a grand.

IMPRESSIVE ONE WHEELED BUROUTS RULE!!!![sm=lame.gif]
yeah, it's really going to depend on what his goal is... The Zex is a blast at the track... but I don't use it around town... no real need to... for me the CAI/exhaust/gears and tune are more than enough to get me in trouble!!! LOL!