Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Clutch pedal assembly broke - advice?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 05:31 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Mine was also black
Old 06-05-2019, 03:04 PM
Ryan J Ketcherside

Just had the same exact thing happen to me today. The metal cylinder snapped as I was driving. I already fixed the piece of crap plastic connector a few years back, but now I have this issue. What did you do to fix this? Did you end up welding the broken piece back on?
Old 10-04-2021, 08:33 PM
Christian898

Default Mustang

Originally Posted by LenXIII
So this is my first post in these forums. I was hoping that I would have a car that didn't require me to become a forum member to keep it running but this car has had a lot of issues (although I still love it.)

I have a 2008 Mustang V6 5spd. It has less than 50k miles and has already had a new starter and a new rear end. The new rear end is already making slight noises. I do not race this car or drive it hard. I don't baby it either, but I by no means beat on it.

What brings me here today is over the past couple weeks I have had slight issues with my clutch pedal. It started out with me not being able to get the car in or out of gear but I found that resetting the quadrant fixed the issue right away. Since the first time doing this (gently lifting the pedal with my toe) 2 weeks ago I have had to do it about 4 times now. Well the last time I had an issue the clutch pedal dropped to the floor. I got down there and looked around and it looks like the problem is this metal cylinder shape part that connects to the left part of the clutch pedal arm came out of the pedal. I found some pictures online which I circled in red is the part that came out. The assist spring with the plastic retainer and the metal swivel part at the top of the spring all fell off as well but I assume that is because of the part breaking off of the clutch arm.

I am not sure if these pictures are actually of the V6 or a GT or something. It looks about the same, but the part I circled in these pictures is slightly different on mine. First of all I didn't think it was that think - it almost looks like that is an outside sleeve, mine is about 3/4 of that thickness and I do not see all that welding on mine. There is just a hole in the pedal arm where it connects and it looks like it's either broken or the welding just came undone. I do not see a way for it to stay in the hole on the clutch arm, I can put it back in but it just falls out after 1 press of the pedal.
did you figure this out? Same thing happened to me