Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Day trip to Brenspeed

Old 09-23-2013, 04:50 PM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

Default Day trip to Brenspeed

I'm headed to Brenspeed Indiana next week for 3.31 install and a tune. Told the boss I was going to a day spa for Mustangs.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Very cool!
What gears does your Mustang currently have?
If I recall correctly, I have the 3.31 on my stock V6.
Keep us posted on the results!
Old 09-25-2013, 03:02 PM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

I have 2.73. I probably should have gotten the performance package to begin with.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:09 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

3.31? Go big or go home.... 3.73 or 4.10.... Remember this is for performance!
Old 09-25-2013, 06:56 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Agreed. Don't waste your time with 3.31's.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:17 AM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

I'm getting used to my car all over again.

One of my favoritest things to do is to pull onto a road slightly faster than the traction control can deal with. A little kick of the rear end, a little chirping, and then the rush of acceleration. It was easy enough to do before. First time I tried that with new gear and tune I fish-tailed and spun tires a lot more than usual. It was fun, but unexpected.

Then yesterday, with fresh rain on the road, I wasn't pushing at all, but I spun tires and fish-tailed from a stop. It was kind of embarrassing.

I don't know how much I can count on traction control any more. I'll have to cool it until I get used to her. Don't want to wreck it.

On dry road she sticks quite well and makes a very satisfying roar. And goes like hell compared to before.

5.0/4.10 guys will be unimpressed, but I'm quite happy with my still-frugal, still comfy cruiser little beast
Old 10-04-2013, 11:00 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amyhughes
I'm getting used to my car all over again.

One of my favoritest things to do is to pull onto a road slightly faster than the traction control can deal with. A little kick of the rear end, a little chirping, and then the rush of acceleration. It was easy enough to do before. First time I tried that with new gear and tune I fish-tailed and spun tires a lot more than usual. It was fun, but unexpected.

Then yesterday, with fresh rain on the road, I wasn't pushing at all, but I spun tires and fish-tailed from a stop. It was kind of embarrassing.

I don't know how much I can count on traction control any more. I'll have to cool it until I get used to her. Don't want to wreck it.

On dry road she sticks quite well and makes a very satisfying roar. And goes like hell compared to before.

5.0/4.10 guys will be unimpressed, but I'm quite happy with my still-frugal, still comfy cruiser little beast
Congrats!

Did you get a cold air intake (CAI) too?

I remember the day I uploaded my Brenspeed custom tune. It was also rainy and real slick on the roads. I fish tailed out of my neighborhood and almost went sideways. I had the biggest grin on my face! After my first test ride with the custom tune, I ran into the house and told my wife she had to test drive it as well. I heard her squeeling tire as she left the neighborhood and said she about went sideways too. LOL
It will take some time getting used to the new added power.
Gotta love technology these days!
Be careful and have fun!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:12 PM
amyhughes
1st Gear Member

Thanks, Kevin. No, I didn't get a CAI. Brenspeed didn't try to sell me one and I'm not sure of the value of one in a V6. I'll revisit that decision when I've picked some more low-hanging fruit.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:47 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amyhughes
Thanks, Kevin. No, I didn't get a CAI. Brenspeed didn't try to sell me one and I'm not sure of the value of one in a V6. I'll revisit that decision when I've picked some more low-hanging fruit.
I was just curious. I've read that the stock airboxes on the 2011+ are more efficient than the (2005-2010) models and adding a CAI doesn't really add much performance gains. Hence, the reason why Brenspeed may not have recommended a CAI.
Enjoy your newly added power! =)
Old 10-07-2013, 04:00 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
I was just curious. I've read that the stock airboxes on the 2011+ are more efficient than the (2005-2010) models and adding a CAI doesn't really add much performance gains. Hence, the reason why Brenspeed may not have recommended a CAI.
Enjoy your newly added power! =)
I've heard the same regarding the air box Kevin.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Day trip to Brenspeed