Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New here

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 04:09 PM
Djordan05

Exclamation New here

Hey guys I'm new here . I have a 06 v6. I ve been searching on here for a exhaust but I can't seem to make my mind up. I'm at work and they block YouTube and other ways to stream media so I can't listen to the exhaust clips y'all have. It seems like everyone with a v6 goes with duals but I don't wanna do that. I'd like to keep a single. Also I like my exhausts to be loud but not the annoying import sounding weed eater stuff lol. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 03-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Putting duals on the V6 4.0L is more for visual than it is for performance; you won't get much if any gains out of the V6 from exhaust work. Also, don't expect miracles in the way of a deep exhaust note from the 4.0. You can deepen it a bit but it'll never sound like a V8.

Many folks will put a GT passenger side takeoff (manual GT preferred) in place of their OE axleback. It's a bit deeper than stock but not by a lot.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Djordan05

I thought about just taking the muffler off n putting a turn down on it