MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   My $1300, 2005 Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/714704-my-1300-2005-mustang.html)

pharoah 11-01-2014 06:31 PM

wow someone that nasty doesnt deserve to own a car.

99GTvert 11-01-2014 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by austinkli (Post 8439871)
They COULD. But a customer hears that as an insult. Then they tell their friends about how the dealer insulted them. Suddenly their friends are telling others, "stay away from "X" dealership cause they treat people badly." It's just not worth it. Not when we have a whole team of detailers that are going to get paid by the hour wether they work or not.

..or they could have the dealer tell them they want the car without the stuff as their new vehicle will not come with someone else's crap, and instead they see it as a revelation that perhaps they should change their ways and next thing you know, they become the next mother Teresa! :D

I still can't get over how disgusting that car was...bwugh. Looks good now though.

tx_zstang 11-04-2014 12:27 AM

Nice "project" car!!! Sounds like something I would pick up, clean up, and either keep or flip, too :)

For that price, you could also just pick up most of a new interior and put it in. But nice job cleaning it, you'll get it clean.

WindyMustang 11-04-2014 07:19 PM

Wowza! I thought the 2007 I rescued form being a former rental car was bad!

Good job - and you've got money in the bank for a supercharger. :)

LawfulNeutral 11-04-2014 08:22 PM

Those interior pictures are seriously my worst nightmare, exact reason why I keep food and drink out of my car.

pascal 11-05-2014 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by JimC (Post 8439561)
First, what a disgusting pig. I don't understand how people can live like that. I had a client who treated his car, and house, that way. Why take out the trash, there is a perfectly good place to toss it, right? I'm sure that car reeked with all the old food containers, and mold breeding stuff there.

My guess - with the empty yogurt containers - she probably spilled yogurt on that spot, and being the clean person that she obviously is, just left it there.

I had a Bimbo dropping her car to the shop one time that was even nastier than the OP here (minus the underwear).
She hands me the keys and bails out in her friend's car...
A few minutes later I go to her car to move it inside the shop so I can start working on it but when I saw the disgusting mess inside, and the stink... F*** me!!
I called her right away and leave a message asking her to come back clean up her car or have it cleaned somewhere, whatever.
I won't touch it as it is.

She never called back but shows up instead all pissed off and asked me if I was for real (LOL).
I said: "You damn right I am, I run a body shop here, not the local Waste Management".
"Well, you ain't getting the job then!!" She said.
"Fine by me" I replied. And away she went.

Freaking idiot. :rolleyes:

I've done this twice actually... Sorry but I don't put up with this crap (literally).

yellowneck86 11-05-2014 08:04 PM

blue waffles came to mind when I saw the interior pics.

markonline1 11-06-2014 01:44 PM

Disgusting car, but great write up!!

austinkli 11-07-2014 09:16 AM

16 Attachment(s)
Got a lot more work done on it yesterday. Unfortunately I didn't get that many pictures. Kinda got into working and forgot about snapping pics.

Started by pulling the seats out.
Attachment 50034

This is where the mold was growing under the passenger seat.
Attachment 50035

And I don't know wtf this is but it was under the rear seat. It wasn't as liquidy as it looks either. I stuck my gloved finger in it, and it felt like glue.
Attachment 50036

Then I had to move on to getting the center console out. Thank you savior Brice for having metric tools!
Attachment 50037

Turns out that cover for the shifter, straight up missing. It wasn't pushed up further in there or anything, it's just gone.
Attachment 50038
Weird stack of change that was stacked UNDER the center console. Weird.
Attachment 50039

After getting the center console out I spent a lot more time pulling random plastic covers out, and also was able to get to the shifter and clean it out better. Didn't really take any pictures though.
Attachment 50040

Got back to pulling the carpet up. Found out neither Brice nor myself had the right size Torix screwdriver to take the seat belts out, so I used a razor blade. Also wasn't about to start pulling the dash to get the carpet that runs behind the dash so I used a razor blade there too.
Attachment 50041

So I got to pulling it out, and groce!
Attachment 50042

I had actually already cleaned a bit here, but I just got to town with a scrub brush, tooth brush, and purple power.
Attachment 50043

It was so groce I literally scrubbed, then took a hose to the inside of the car.
Attachment 50044

And only AFTER taking the wet vac to get the water out did I find the drain plug.
Attachment 50045

But it was def looking much better. And the smell was gone. Hopefully when I go back next week it will smell like JDM Squash.
Attachment 50046

Then I got to the seats!
Attachment 50047
Attachment 50048

Hosed them down and took a tooth brush to them a couple times, left them in the sun to dry out.
Attachment 50049

That's pretty much where I left off. I peeled all the insulation out of the car and off the bottom of the carpet. I may either clean the carpet next week, or take it to get it pressure washed and steamed.

99GTvert 11-07-2014 09:38 AM

****, that is the grossest, nastiest sh*t interior..

Is that your TSX? If so you like it?