Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Washer fluid sprayers not working?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 01:20 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
If the reservoir was empty then you will have to reprime the system. you may have to activate the sprayers for a little longer before the fluid if through out the whole line
No need to prime on the S197.
The pump is located on the BOTTOM
of the fluid reservoir. It is gravity fed...
Pull the hose off of the washer pump and
see if it sprays out of there when activated.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:21 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Did you read any of this thread before posting?
Indeed I did.

I did not realize you had a monopoly on posting ideas and that others could not list steps in order in which they could be tried.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Woah now guys thanks for all the advice, no matter the order It is actually a used car, has 17,000 miles on it. I went into the dealer to get some touch up paint, and while walking out just quickly asked a service guy. He said it would take a whole day (A DAY!! LOL) to figure the problem out. It is under warranty so I know that I can always take it in. I have one more bloody college Final that I have to commute to, so once that is all done I will take it in if I still havnt found the problem. I'll check under the reservoir first at the pump, and see if any funny business is going on. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2014, 10:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Woah now guys thanks for all the advice, no matter the order It is actually a used car, has 17,000 miles on it. I went into the dealer to get some touch up paint, and while walking out just quickly asked a service guy. He said it would take a whole day (A DAY!! LOL) to figure the problem out. It is under warranty so I know that I can always take it in. I have one more bloody college Final that I have to commute to, so once that is all done I will take it in if I still havnt found the problem. I'll check under the reservoir first at the pump, and see if any funny business is going on. Thanks!
Hello Mobiusone stang,

Let me know when you’re bringing it back in and I’ll get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. This will help them work together to get this resolved for you. Simply make an appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 12-15-2014, 05:09 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks all. I figured out the problem, and I dont know how I could have missed it. THE BLOODY FLUID LINE WAS CUT!! LOL. Somehow, in its previous ownership, the line got cut right where it makes the right turn to go under the hood heat shield. I'm not sure if it got crimped while the hood was closing one time, or the owner cut it for some damn reason (like really, why would you do that?). I have to take my car in to Ford tomorrow for bodywork, so I will talk to service. The car is under bumper to bumper warranty, but lord knows they might not replace the line because "it was cut", even if by the previous owner. Ford, or the dealership, has yet to do me wrong. However, I am wary from the things I read.
Old 12-16-2014, 11:18 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thanks all. I figured out the problem, and I dont know how I could have missed it. THE BLOODY FLUID LINE WAS CUT!! LOL. Somehow, in its previous ownership, the line got cut right where it makes the right turn to go under the hood heat shield. I'm not sure if it got crimped while the hood was closing one time, or the owner cut it for some damn reason (like really, why would you do that?). I have to take my car in to Ford tomorrow for bodywork, so I will talk to service. The car is under bumper to bumper warranty, but lord knows they might not replace the line because "it was cut", even if by the previous owner. Ford, or the dealership, has yet to do me wrong. However, I am wary from the things I read.
Thank you for the update, Mobiusone stang. If the concern is not a manufacturer’s defect, it may not be covered under the new-vehicle limited warranty. You should still speak to your service manager about this, as he’s in the best position to check for any type of assistance for this repair.

Deysha
Old 12-16-2014, 11:32 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Was it a CPO vehicle? If so, the dealer should have caught it on their inspection and therefore they will probably replace it without hassle.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

I'm gussing that the squirters quit and the previous owner tried to find the problem, cutting the hose was part of his troubleshooting process. You might fill the tank with water and see if that get pummped out when you hit the windshield washing button.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Yea I found it because I had the hood up, hit the button and fluid went flying! Upon further inspection, it honestly does not look like it got cut. It looks more like the line got caught in the hood hinge as it was closing. (not sure why that should even happen, CMON FORD get it together :P ) but one side is completely smashed together. I took it in for body work today and they said it would be looked at as well. I would hope they would replace it, but who knows with them. Thanks for all the tips and advice! In case they wont replace it, would anyone know where I could find a fluid line like that? I'm not sure if AM or Latemodel would sell them
Old 12-17-2014, 11:12 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Yea I found it because I had the hood up, hit the button and fluid went flying! Upon further inspection, it honestly does not look like it got cut. It looks more like the line got caught in the hood hinge as it was closing. (not sure why that should even happen, CMON FORD get it together :P ) but one side is completely smashed together. I took it in for body work today and they said it would be looked at as well. I would hope they would replace it, but who knows with them. Thanks for all the tips and advice! In case they wont replace it, would anyone know where I could find a fluid line like that? I'm not sure if AM or Latemodel would sell them
Thanks for the update, Mobiusone stang! Let me know the outcome.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Washer fluid sprayers not working?