Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Dealership damaged my Mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:10 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Wow...very minor damage. Let's not get too carried away here. If you want to involve an attorney over something that can likely be pulled out, well it's your money to throw away as you wish. Things like that are why our legal system is so abused.

I'm extremely protective of my baby, but I certainly wouldn't freak out for something minor that can be fixed easily. Even IF, and a BIG IF, that can't be popped out then they can replace that part. End result is it still gets fixed.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cruisin5268d
Wow...very minor damage. Let's not get too carried away here. If you want to involve an attorney over something that can likely be pulled out, well it's your money to throw away as you wish. Things like that are why our legal system is so abused.

I'm extremely protective of my baby, but I certainly wouldn't freak out for something minor that can be fixed easily. Even IF, and a BIG IF, that can't be popped out then they can replace that part. End result is it still gets fixed.

My Service Advisor informed me yesterday that it will take approximately 2 weeks to repair my Mustang. I have a rental car (Kia Optima) and just have to wait for the "very minor damage" to be repaired. And no.....it can't simply be "pulled out" there is paint missing in some of the dents.

What strikes me as odd, is that some members here feel that I should just say "oh well, they damaged my car....who cares, its just a car". I find that strange, since this is a forum dedicated and designed for MUSTANG enthusiasts that take their time to show off their rides.....very strange. A group of people who are "car lovers" seem to think because I treat my car like a baby....I am going overboard. Isn't this the point? To go OVERBOARD about your Mustang??!! You joined a forum to show pictures of it!! To brag/talk about it!! HELLO!!??

I understand accidents will happen, yes I do. However, a dealership allowed an outside individual to damage my Mustang.....never inspected his work, allowed him to leave.....then said they will just fix the car. Pretty much, I have to just accept it and move on.

So, its not just the damage to the Mustang....which is bad enough. But, its the outside vendor (who I don't know, never was told about) who damaged my Mustang and my dealer didn't inspect his work or watch him work on it. And when I came to pick up my Mustang, it was FILTHY dirty. The interior (saddle brown leather) had footprints and dirt/filth all over it. Fingerprints on the rear window. Outside of the car was filthy dirty. Nobody cared to clean it up or just take care and treat it nicely while it was there.

Then, the service advisor says "don't fill out the survey while you are upset. The survey can cost me money and hurt my pay. Just delete the survey when it comes". THAT was in poor taste and unacceptable as well. Nothing like putting his own personal gain before the customer's problem. Not to mention, is totally against Ford's code of ethics.....the customer should never be told NOT to fill out a survey.

My experience with my Mustang and Ford has been sub-par....below average. I have owned numerous vehicles since 16 (I am 40 yrs old) and none of them suffered any sort of damage from a dealership....ever.

Last edited by Vegasrph98; 03-28-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Vegasrph98
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by tradosaurus
A dent puller could fix that insignificant "damage"
Call my dealer and ask him why he quoted me 2 weeks for the repair if its that simple to fix it. Seems like the damage a little more significant than the capability of a dent puller. Not to mention there was paint missing on some of the insignificant dents.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:02 PM
JimC

12bigredstang - I've deleted crap from your post once, maybe you need it explained better. Just deleted your last post- time for you to put a cork in it.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:07 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Jim I'm borderline locking this thread... too much clean up now with the short pecker syndrome guys joining in bashing the V6. LOL
Old 03-28-2015, 08:55 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Vegas, I know exactly how you feel. I bought my car with a small scrape on the side. Dealer said no problem, we'll send it off to the body shop to get fixed. One week later, it was returned to me. We'll turns out whoever they sent it to is a hack job who can't paint right. A good 1/3 of my rear quarter panel is orange peeled because of this. Nobody "can tell", but I sure as hell can. I would never accept this work on my car at all. But unfortunately, it is to late for me. But I mean Its my car, its my baby, and the work should have been done correctly. I'm glad they are fixing it for you, but it never should have happened in the first place. For those of us that love cars, nothing like this is ever "minor" to begin with. I hope everything works out for the best.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:57 PM
tradosaurus
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Jim I'm borderline locking this thread... too much clean up now with the short pecker syndrome guys joining in bashing the V6. LOL

Old 03-29-2015, 10:50 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I guess I missed those posts that you guy(s) deleted. I'm baffled as to how the OP's issue in any way is related to being a V6/V8 matter.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:56 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vegasrph98
My Service Advisor informed me yesterday that it will take approximately 2 weeks to repair my Mustang. I have a rental car (Kia Optima) and just have to wait for the "very minor damage" to be repaired. And no.....it can't simply be "pulled out" there is paint missing in some of the dents.

What strikes me as odd, is that some members here feel that I should just say "oh well, they damaged my car....who cares, its just a car". I find that strange, since this is a forum dedicated and designed for MUSTANG enthusiasts that take their time to show off their rides.....very strange. A group of people who are "car lovers" seem to think because I treat my car like a baby....I am going overboard. Isn't this the point? To go OVERBOARD about your Mustang??!! You joined a forum to show pictures of it!! To brag/talk about it!! HELLO!!??

I understand accidents will happen, yes I do. However, a dealership allowed an outside individual to damage my Mustang.....never inspected his work, allowed him to leave.....then said they will just fix the car. Pretty much, I have to just accept it and move on.

So, its not just the damage to the Mustang....which is bad enough. But, its the outside vendor (who I don't know, never was told about) who damaged my Mustang and my dealer didn't inspect his work or watch him work on it. And when I came to pick up my Mustang, it was FILTHY dirty. The interior (saddle brown leather) had footprints and dirt/filth all over it. Fingerprints on the rear window. Outside of the car was filthy dirty. Nobody cared to clean it up or just take care and treat it nicely while it was there.

Then, the service advisor says "don't fill out the survey while you are upset. The survey can cost me money and hurt my pay. Just delete the survey when it comes". THAT was in poor taste and unacceptable as well. Nothing like putting his own personal gain before the customer's problem. Not to mention, is totally against Ford's code of ethics.....the customer should never be told NOT to fill out a survey.

My experience with my Mustang and Ford has been sub-par....below average. I have owned numerous vehicles since 16 (I am 40 yrs old) and none of them suffered any sort of damage from a dealership....ever.
In the grand scheme of things that is minor damage in that it can be easily fixed. It sucks that your new car was damaged but that also works to your benefit in that the new paint will easily match the existing paint.

The whole service advisor thing about the survey makes my blood boil. That is just.....asinine.

Forgive me if I gave the impression that you should not be concerned / bothered/ worked up / etc. etc. about your baby being damaged. My 2013 GT/CS was damaged last week at my office by guys mowing the yard. As soon as I walked out at lunch time and saw the damage my heart stopped. I get it - I get where you are at now.

I do hope you get this resolved soon and with a quality repair job.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:11 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1slow67
I wouldn't call that significant damage.
I would. you bring your car in to be fixed, not to have some ham-fisted dimp damage something else.

Quick Reply: My Dealership damaged my Mustang!