Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

USA Mustang imported to UK

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by johnny UK
Hi Deysha,
What I was hoping was that you could tell me the name of the supplying dealer, and that I could contact them, and see if they could provide me with a printout of the first 3 years service history.
I have the service history from 2008 to date from the last owner , who I bought the car from.

Thanks
Johnny
Even with dealer info you may still not get the records you are looking for. Unlike the UK and other countries where the dealer is the main service point for new cars (and in some cases required?). Here in the U.S. the owner can choose to have the serviced performed by whomever and wherever they choose (even themselves) regardless of warranty and there is no central repository for ALL service to be input to. So...you can have a car that has been meticulously maintained by the owner but has never been to a 'service center' so there will be no records of it. Only way to know would be any record keeping the owner did.

If the car has already been sold once before (1st to 2nd owner) and you are now the third owner, I highly doubt the first owner would've kept any documents from a car they sold 7 years ago.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:18 PM
johnny UK

Originally Posted by Derf00
Even with dealer info you may still not get the records you are looking for. Unlike the UK and other countries where the dealer is the main service point for new cars (and in some cases required?). Here in the U.S. the owner can choose to have the serviced performed by whomever and wherever they choose (even themselves) regardless of warranty and there is no central repository for ALL service to be input to. So...you can have a car that has been meticulously maintained by the owner but has never been to a 'service center' so there will be no records of it. Only way to know would be any record keeping the owner did.

If the car has already been sold once before (1st to 2nd owner) and you are now the third owner, I highly doubt the first owner would've kept any documents from a car they sold 7 years ago.
Thanks ,
The Lady I bought it from owned it from 3 years old (2008 ) to last year when, I bought it 2014. She kept al the service and bills, and passed them on to me.
Its the first 3 years I'm looking for, and the name /address of the first owner, to see if I can contact them.
But I think your right , they won't have kept anything relating , this long.
However they might be interested that their Mustang has relocated to the UK !!
Cheers Johnny