Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Bama v2 tunes for the v6!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 08:52 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
What is funny is the change from stock with no tune to the 93R old tune was a small difference for me. From 93R old to 93R new was a bigger jump then from stock to the old lol! So amazing.
The biggest difference for me was on take off from stock to the 93R. When stock, you pushed the gas peddle, it was a decent lag before it decided it was going to start going, now it is instant when you hit that accelerator, it goes now.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ucinn
The biggest difference for me was on take off from stock to the 93R. When stock, you pushed the gas peddle, it was a decent lag before it decided it was going to start going, now it is instant when you hit that accelerator, it goes now.
Yea, This defiantly was the largest difference, Also I feel much better shifts between, the RPM's at which the gears shift per throttle positioning feels more streamlined also.

Funny that ford doesn't make it like this factory. Guess it's too crazy for the general public. I do tend to get loose A LOT more often now when turning a corner from a dead stop. Dat first gear is cray cray now.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:01 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pr0cl1v1ty
Yea, This defiantly was the largest difference, Also I feel much better shifts between, the RPM's at which the gears shift per throttle positioning feels more streamlined also.

Funny that ford doesn't make it like this factory. Guess it's too crazy for the general public. I do tend to get loose A LOT more often now when turning a corner from a dead stop. Dat first gear is cray cray now.
yea, that back end likes to break loose a lot easier now..thus wheels and tires in the spring
Old 09-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

yea, that back end likes to break loose a lot easier now..thus wheels and tires in the spring
Man you guys are selling me, I know we have free tune for life, is this upgrade also free
Old 09-30-2015, 02:43 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
Man you guys are selling me, I know we have free tune for life, is this upgrade also free
I am still running the old tune which I got before the V2 came out.. I'm just comparing mine to stock. I would think having tunes for life, it would be free to get a new v2 tune. You can always call them and see. I called them once and they are nice and easy to work with.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
YES SIR FREE!!!! Took 1 day for them to get it to me.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:47 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

I got my V2 tunes on Tuesday. I loaded the V2 91 race tune. I took my car out yesterday for about a 25 mile test drive.

I like the new V2 race tune more then the old race tune. The shifting around the city on my auto trans is more like a manual now. Before it would shift thru the gears too fast. Now it shifts when the revs are high enough to need to shift.

Throttle response is great and the reaction is instant. On the highway passing is no problem and it downshifts when it needs to when you want to fly past someone. It's very easy to get to and over the speed limit since it does so very smoothly and quickly.

I haven't tried it WOT from a stop but just half throttle will move you back on your seat.

I'm glad you started this thread. I thought I had the V2 tune but I learned I didn't and now I'm very pleased with the V2 tune so far.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:36 AM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jesse1125
I got my V2 tunes on Tuesday. I loaded the V2 91 race tune. I took my car out yesterday for about a 25 mile test drive.

I like the new V2 race tune more then the old race tune. The shifting around the city on my auto trans is more like a manual now. Before it would shift thru the gears too fast. Now it shifts when the revs are high enough to need to shift.

Throttle response is great and the reaction is instant. On the highway passing is no problem and it downshifts when it needs to when you want to fly past someone. It's very easy to get to and over the speed limit since it does so very smoothly and quickly.

I haven't tried it WOT from a stop but just half throttle will move you back on your seat.

I'm glad you started this thread. I thought I had the V2 tune but I learned I didn't and now I'm very pleased with the V2 tune so far.
Glad you are having the same experience as me! I'm surprised that Bama didn't notify everyone or even put it on their website. You would think something this good would be a bragging point for them.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:58 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jesse1125

Did you keep it at 30mph at some point. The only thing I don't like about this old 93R tune is at 30MPH, it shifts back and forth, just can't seem to decide which gear it wants to be in. It's been pretty much a non factor because I only go a mile before I'm out of that speed zone.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Pr0cl1v1ty
2nd Gear Member

Did you keep it at 30mph at some point. The only thing I don't like about this old 93R tune is at 30MPH, it shifts back and forth, just can't seem to decide which gear it wants to be in. It's been pretty much a non factor because I only go a mile before I'm out of that speed zone.
I'll test that today after work. My speed limits are 40, 45 & 75 where I live.

Quick Reply: New Bama v2 tunes for the v6!!!!